Meet the new 2024 Chevy Silverado HD. It’s our pleasure to bring you the first big chunk of details and photos about Chevrolet’s new Heavy Duty full-size pickup.
2024 Chevy Silverado HD – What’s New
- Heavily revised front end styling, headlights, hood, bumper, and “C-Shaped” DRLs
- LTZ, ZR2 & High Country Trims get new headlights with dual projector technology
- New tail-lamp housings with LED backup lights (for some trims)
- All new interior that is similar to the 1500 lineup
- All-new infotainment system that includes Google Android Built-In
- 6.6L Duramax Diesel Engine Output increased to 470-horsepower and 975 lb-ft of torque
- Low speed torque curve increased by 25%
- Both 6.6L gas and diesel are paired to 10-speed Allison transmission
- Six new exterior colors: Sterling Gray, Dark Ash, Radiant Red, Auburn Metallic, Lakeshore Blue Metallic (late) & Meteorite Metallic (late)
- The new trim lineup includes: Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ, ZR2, and High Country
- On display at the State Fair of Texas starting Sept 29th, 2022
- Production will begin during the “first half of 2023
2024 Silverado HD – A fresh new look
Like its smaller half-ton counterpart in 2022, the Silverado HD will roll out of the showroom floor with a brand new face for 2024. That means a new hood, grille, and headlights featuring massive new C-Shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL).
A new hood features a “Chevrolet” inscription just below the scoop while out back, higher trim tail lights feature new LED backup illumination.
The rest of the 2024 Silverado HD is largely unchanged from the prior model year on the outside. The body from the windshield back has been imported straight with no change.
2024 Silverado HD – A New Interior
The biggest change for the 2024 model year is the addition of a brand new interior in the heavy-duty Silverado. Nearly identical to the late-2022 refresh of the Silverado 1500, the HD gains a new dash with a big technological improvement.
A new 13.9-inch infotainment center is paired with a massive 12.9-inch digital gauge cluster. The center stack is powered by Google Android Built-In and features Google Maps as the default navigation software.
2024 Silverado HD – Powertrain Improvements
Chevrolet has made two big improvements to the powertrain options in the 2024 HD. First, it increased the power output on the 6.6L Duramax Diesel Engine. Second, it added the 10-speed Allison transmission as standard for both gas and diesel engines.
While the 6.6L gas engine remains at the same specs, the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine gets a modest power increase. The engine is now rated at 470 horsepower and 975 lb-ft of torque. GM engineers also shifted the torque curve- increasing low-end torque by 20% for better towing.
The 6.6L gas engine, now paired with the 10-speed automatic transmission, has a GCWR rated for up to 26,000 lbs. That’s a 2,000 lb improvement.
2024 Silverado HD ZR2 On The Way
Chevrolet also teased that a Silverado HD ZR2 is on the way – even going so far to include the above photo. However, no additional information was provided and the media was told to stay tuned.
The full trim lineup for the 2024 HD model was confirmed to include the Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ, ZR2, and High Country levels. Only LTZ and up will get the new projector headlights and Chevrolet did not provide examples of what the WT, Custom, and LT trim levels will look like.
Check out the GM-Trucks.com Silverado HD Group and our own online forum!