GM-Trucks.com has been alerted to a major software bug currently affecting 2021 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra. GM Engineering is working on an emergency fix.
The software bug can cause error messages when trying to access the infotainment “App Shop” and other features related to OnStar. The bug seems to be limited to the radio, specifically IOT / IOS / IOU infotainment systems.
Technical Document Number: #PIT5793
Release Date: 11/9/2020
Technical Document #PIT5793 Applies To:
- 2021 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2021 GMC Sierra
#PIT5793 Reported Conditions
Some customers may comment of any or all of the following symptoms:
- Unable to accept Terms and Conditions
- Unable to access AppShop or install apps in the radio
- Information within the OnStar app on the radio could be missing or incorrect
- Unable to create or log into User Profiles
- Connected Navigation (live traffic, etc.) is not functioning (base navigation functions correctly)
- Unable to install apps through myChevrolet/myGMC mobile apps
Vehicle owners have also reported the following issues related to this “bug”
- Connection error when trying to access the app shop or OnStar Settings inside the radio
- An Active Hotspot connection seems to exacerbate the issue.
- Using the OnStar App, owners may get the following message when trying to use any feature related to trailering. “Unable to execute request, account data out of sync”
- XM Radio showing “inactive” in GM Global Connect- when it is really active
- A “Connection Error” as seen at the top of this article
Although the error causes issues related to OnStar features, it’s not believed to be caused by the large OnStar update released earlier last month.
General Motors Engineers have classified this as an “emerging issue” and have passed word to dealerships that an emergency fix is forthcoming- as soon as early December 2020.
Do you own a 2021 vehicle that has some or all of these issues? Please comment and let us know!