The rumors and speculation regarding the 2022 or 2023 Silverado are growing by the day. Now, we’ve captured the redesigned 2023 Silverado Trail Boss undergoing testing off-road alongside a GMC HUMMER EV.
If you’ve missed our prior Spy Shots of the new 2022/2023 Silverado & Sierra, check them out:
- Interesting 2023 GMC Sierra HD AT4/Denali Prototype Photographed
- Spy Shots Reveal First Look At Updated 2023 GMC Sierra HD
- 2022 GMC Sierra – New Interior Unmasked!
- Stout Four Spring Off-Road Rear Suspension On The Way For 2022 Silverado
- [Spy Shots] Updated 2022 Chevy Silverado Headlights Come Into View
- [Spy Shots] 2022 Silverado ZR2 Photographed For The First Time?
- [Spy Shots] 2022 GMC Sierra Caught Testing Yet Again
- [Spy Shots] Our Best Look Yet At The 2022 Chevy Silverado
Our spy photographer reports:
It’s been a while since we’ve seen prototypes for the standard 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss, but we just caught GM engineers putting the updated, off-road-focused trucks through some serious off-road testing. This new sighting is important, as it helps to answer some questions on the Trail Boss program, in light of the appearance of what appears to be a ZR2-style variant in recent months.
Since the new ZR2-style Trail Boss-based prototypes appeared in late-February, the original Trail Boss prototypes appeared to be missing in action. With the more familiar Trail Boss MIA, some were speculating that the purported ZR2 design—and its altered front bumper and more extreme front skid plate—represented a wholesale rethinking of front-end design of the 1500 Trail Boss package.
However, this newly documented sighting of the more familiar Trail Boss prototypes—with their traditional front bumper design and plastic air deflector (sans the high-clearance front-skid plate)—appears to solidify the ZR2-style truck and the traditional Trail Boss as distinct variations. We can now report with direct evidence that prototypes displaying both front-end treatments are still under concurrent testing, suggesting unique model variations.
2023 Silverado Trail Boss Spy Photos
For more information on the current 2021 Silverado Trail Boss, Check out Chevrolet.com