This is my first post to his forum and I had a handful of questions. I test-drove a Silverado 2500HD Midnight Edition LTZ (Duramax) yesterday and really loved it and would like to get one, but here are my questions:
1. Sunroof: The truck I test drove had every option that I wanted, except for a sunroof. Dealer told me that because it had the Snow Prep package, a sunroof wasn't available. Is that true?
2. Plowing: I would never use this truck for commercial plowing, but could a plow be added to it even if you didn't' have the Snow Prep package?
3. Power-folding mirrors: I definitely liked the larger, power-folding mirrors. I started looking at other Midnight Editions on other dealer sites. Are these larger mirrors ALWAYS power-folding, or are some manual, and if so, is there a way to tell just by looking at the pictures that dealers post on their websites?
4. Heated steering wheel: Do all of the LTZ trucks have this?
5. Buy or Build: Do most folks just do a search to find the right truck? How many order one, and what is the build time?
6. MPG: What kind of mileage do these trucks typically get (with diesel)?
Thanks. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I do more research on the truck.