Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Yesterday
  2. What do you retorque? And do you think I could away with making the 1000 mile trip without retorque? But you think I should be good overall.
  3. So far I'm digging this truck but the exhaust is kinda of bugging me a bit (its too quiet). I have replaced the stock muffler with a dynomax ultraflow 17233 and removed the valve. I does sound a bit better but not quite what I was expecting. Has anyone tried replacing the resonator? I don't want to get rid of it. Just thought maybe going with a smaller more free flowing unit might help. Don't really wont to go with a new exhaust system, not looking for obnoxiously loud either. It cracks me up that the engine ticking is more pronounced than the exhaust at idle LOL.
  4. Wow! Makes me not want to touch the fronts at all now. I was getting them to rotate with a 6 point socket but that doesn’t help me to bleed them. But at least I think I can get them out with a bolt extractor. Crazy! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. I replaced 3 of my 4 calipers because the bleeder screws were seized. The one that I finally got to open needed to be replaced because I damaged it so much. I tried all the tricks from a torch and ice water to penetrating lube to hitting it with a hammer. Very irritating.
  6. It takes quite a bit of experience to get to this level. Someday you'll join the club, too. so long j-ten-ner
  7. After 500 miles I retorque everything. But not much you can do other than air up the tires. And get ready for the gas bill.
  8. GMC Exhaust Tip

    Apologies.... did not receive. Please try again.
  9. FS : AMP bed extender HD

    Ill get you rate shortly, dealing with So cal fires
  10. you can get them out with vice grips. Most likely you need a set of the proper wrenches. I used a 6 point socket to losen them the first time on new cars.
  11. 2019 cameras are on the bottom of the side mirrors - look unadjustable
  12. Short Bed - Actual Length

    I sold everything I needed the HD Diesel Truck for (Boat, Quads, Ski's). I just need a Pickup now for the random times I gotta haul something that won't fit in an SUV. Living in a small town, where everything is, the Diesel doesn't have enough time to get up to operating temp by the time I'm done doing what I gotta do and I'm back home. So that's gonna take some life outta the engine as well. I use a Power Washer on its own Cart that I just put in the bed of the truck, about 180lbs or so. I do outdoor patios at Eateries in my area, I hook up to the Water at their place, rather than have to tow around my own Tank.
  13. 2014+ Suspension Lifts

    Ok, how’s the ride quality of your Kings, stiffer, mushy? Sent from above
  14. UGGH that is sweet.
  15. Just installed a Borla Touring catback system. Was able to pull the stock system in one piece. Has 88k on it when pulled. Is it worth anything to anybody? Or, is it for the recycler?
  16. go with what looks best to you inside and out , then also factor in the price Dont be brand loyal . All trucks are pretty much all the same now .
  17. 2014+ Leveling Kits

    Picked it up today, 4.5” CST Lift up front, 3” added in rear with taller shocks, brand new Bilsteins all the way around. Testing out the new Bilsteins to see if maybe I had a prior faulty one. Sent from above
  18. 14-18 Onyx Black Door Handles

    Interested.
  19. WTB: Short Bed HARD QUAD/Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover (CA)

    BUMP - Still looking
  20. I’m just saying, you never know where you’ll find yourself. It’s not always a planned thing either. I’d say my truck sees occasional dirt roads, only 2-3 times this year. When it happens though it’s usually some spontaneous adventure on a rainy day. Are my KO2s overkill for 95% of my driving? Yes. I do appreciate them though the other 5%, especially days like tomorrow with possibly 15 inches of snow.
  21. WTB/WTT: Black Full Length Center Console 2014-2016

    BUMP - Still looking
  22. The "Catch Can" Explained

    YES!!! To me it is the only way to do it.
  23. 2014+ Leveling Kits

    I have the same setup on a '15. Tires I used are 275/65/20. KO2. No rub at all.
  24. Hey everyone, So tomorrow I will be getting my truck lifted with the 4.5 inch Zone lift on my 2014 Silverado. The tires are basically 32s. Next week my family and I plan on taking the truck on a road trip for Thanksgiving (approximately 1000 miles). I was wondering if this was ok to do with a newly lifted truck and all? Just want to be sure we will be safe on such a long road trip. Is there anything that I should keep in mind or be sure to do during the drive or after we get to our destination? Will we be ok to drive all the way there without having to re-torque anything? Thanks guys
  1. Load more activity
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.