Jump to content

Kyle Griffith

Member
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About Kyle Griffith

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Huh. That's weird. I know I did have to mess around with years and interchange/non-interchange before I found the right thing. I searched trucks as well as the SUVs. Maybe there just aren't any now, but there were tons when I got mine. I went with a '16 Denali cluster 23407872 for my 2015 Yukon. It would be nice if you could simply search by part number on car-part.com but I'm not aware of a way to do so.
  2. If you need any tips on searching let me know. It's a bit of a pain because you have to call around to the junk yards to get solid info once you do find the right part, but I found one pretty quick and got a good deal on it.
  3. It's a bit cumbersome to find exactly what you're looking for, but car-part.com is where I found mine and the price with shipping was very reasonable compared to other sources.
  4. This seems to be the most active thread devoted to this swap so thought I'd post in here even though I did it all in a Yukon. I did the full HMI, radio and Denali cluster upgrade to get android auto in my 2015 Yukon SLT. @GTPprix did the programming and everything is working perfectly as far as I can tell and it looks great. There are some quirky issues with my phone but it works great with the wife's phone so I don't think there's an issue with the system. I sourced all the parts used on car-part.com which took some time but saved me quite a bit of money. For the Yukon, the install isn't quite as straightforward as I thought it would be and I think it's a bit more complicated than the Silverado/Sierra. Removing and reinstalling the radio and HMI is a bit challenging due to how tight everything is. Smaller hands would have been helpful especially for the HMI. The cluster required removal of a lot more pieces than I thought and things would have gone a bit more quickly if I had fully lowered and extended the steering wheel right away. Overall the install took me about 2 hours but I was working slow making sure I didn't damage any interior pieces.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.