Jump to content

14Rufus

Member
  • Content count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About 14Rufus

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Drives
    2016 1500 SLT CC Std Bed

Recent Profile Visitors

2,514 profile views
  1. Who's running E15

    I've used e30 90% of the time for the last 25,000 miles on my 2016 5.3 (non-flex fuel). The other 10% was e10 when I'm not near a station with a blender pump. Truck runs great. Torque app shows timing is significantly advanced running e30 vs. e10. I would have to run a couple thousand miles on e10 to make a firm conclusions, but I have not seen any loss in mpg. Over the last year e30 has averaged about 40 cents a gallon less than e10 here, or about 16%. If the mileage really is the same on e10 and e30, I'm saving about $500 a year running e30.
  2. 2014+ Leveling Kits

    Can you elaborate on the "performance balance?" I have the same tires (XL rated). Could only get the road force balance down to 16 & 19 lbs. on two of the tires and it is evident at highway speeds.
  3. Rotate tires.

    My owner's manual says rear to front, then cross fronts going to the rear, so that's what I do. Tire Rack and others say the same. On the wife's front wheel drive, its the same idea. Drive tires stay on the same side and the other axle gets switched when it goes to the drive axle.
  4. Bilstein shocks thread

    I thought the same thing... then I realized that the reason the full part number wan't listed was because they are only taking preorders now. They mentioned in their blog on January 3 that since Bilstein released the Tahoe/Yukon versions that they expect the pickup 6112's to be available soon. Still waiting.
  5. Glad you were able to solve your problem. Did the new isolator raise or lower the exhaust? I have the side exit Borla and the outlets sit lower than I like.
  6. Thanks for the info! I just ordered a set of 4. I have a set of 1/2" slip on spacers on my front now but have been wanting bolt on spacers. I knew 1.25" would fit but would rather not push them out quite so far. This looks just right - subtle but noticeable.
  7. Bilstein shocks thread

    I've seen them listed as available within the last few days so they must be out finally.
  8. Radio Volume Issues

    One time while I was jump starting a tractor from my truck my radio shot to full volume and kept returning to full volume immediately after I turned it down. Restarting the truck didn't help. Disconnecting the battery fixed it. I attributed it to the voltage being thrown off when I was connecting or disconnecting the jumper cables.
  9. rough country 2.5" level

    I thought mine rode fairly rough for the first few thousand miles, and then it seemed to settle to near stock ride quality. Been great for 30K miles now.
  10. DING??? DING???

    I have had this happen a few times right after start up. I noticed that I got a ding at every gear change (8 speed). I think there may have also been dings from hitting the radio or a/c controls, but its been so long that I can't say for sure. It would quit dinging in less than a minute.
  11. I had my truck in a couple days ago for the airbag recall and they told me there was also a recall for 4 HI possibly getting locked in or out, can't remember which. It was the first I had heard of it as well. Said all they did was reprogram the 4x4 module. I hadn't experienced any problems but I can count on 1 hand the number of times I have used 4 HI. Haven't noticed any problems switching between auto and 2 HI.
  12. 2014+ Leveling Kits

    Sigh... That's a beautiful pic. Reminds me of my old Indigo Blue Metallic. Sure miss that color.
  13. Also the flex fuel option is not available on 5.3 trucks with the 8 speed trans.
  14. After 15 years in the same truck, I am going to pick up a new Sierra Monday afternoon. I have been trying to get a private offer for weeks now but have had no luck getting a pop up, just "request a quote." If anyone can help me out, let me know!
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.