I somehow managed to talk my fiancé into a new truck! Went this weekend and picked up this beauty. I never would have expected to buy the Red but it grew on me a lot. We camp with a travel trailer so black was out because of dirt/pollen showing and had a white 1500.
1) How do the dual batteries work? Together, one for engine one for accessories? Do they have protection if I have the radio playing for extened periods or head lights on?
2) New Power Mirrors
- Anyone try to get the mirrors to reset by hitting it three times open and closed?
- Also, my passenger mirror does not seem to be going down with the reverse setting?
- And, are the new tow mirrors in a set position in terms of moving arms forward/back? I would like to move the driver mirror forward a touch, but it seems to click in the current position.
3) High Idle - I set this to on and it looked like it kicked in today when it was 50 degrees. Should I leave this on?
4) Should I let it idle to warm up? Used to gas engines and just jumping in and taking off
6) I remember rice burners back in high school having turbo timers to allow for cooling. Do diesels need anything similar?
Thanks for any feedback!