I agree with using the best. I've usually been a mobile1 guy, but I have used amsoil in my bike's rear diff a couple times. Never had a problem. I'm totally game for using it this time. My wife will tell you... I love this truck. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Heh... I feel like you've answered this before. ;-) Not that it seems to matter from a lubricant standpoint, but is there a way to know which of those transfer cases I have without climbing under there and looking for stampings? Also, what is the difference between the signature series vs the "OE fuel efficient" one.
I've got about 61k on the truck and as far as I know these fluids have never been changed. I have a trip to NC coming up in a couple weeks and was thinking about changing them. Worth bothering? Do I need any special fluids like a friction modifier for the t-case clutches?
So, just a quick question as much for my curiosity as anything... I have a 2.25" ProComp level installed that uses 2 pieces. Would it be better to install 5100s in the stock position and keep the pro comp level or install the bilsteins at max lift and add the bottom 1/4" spacer from the procomp kit?
Thanks. I've some of there work and when my buddy didn't like the sound of the flomaster they swapped it out for a MagnaFlow for free. Not sure how that works but they have a good rep in town. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
So I sucked it up, put on my big-boy pants and installed them. I'll have a list of tips for the next guy when I can get to the computer. Thanks for the help. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
papageoff replied to zzach19's topic in 2014-2018 Silverado & Sierra ModsSo, does everyone who did this still think it made a difference? ...Or has any potential placebo effect worn off? I'm curious about doing it.
papageoff replied to papageoff's topic in Trailers, Hitches, & TowingThanks for replying. I guess I missed the notification. This is really good info. We're planning to go to the RV show in Tampa next month. I think if we're getting one, It'll be then.
At first it wouldn't go in there at all. With a little "persuasion" it went in a few mm. After futzing around with it, I was able to get it to go all the way in, but it's probably really tight. I can't really verify since the motor is so stiff and I can't move forward hooking it up until the weather clears. I spent so long dealing with that, I missed my window before the rain set in. I really miss having a proper garage. But, the Blue Whale doesn't fit. :-/ 10-4 on the grease, I wasn't sure if I should or not. I expected to see it, but given the environment I can see why not to have it. It wasn't in the instructions, either. Thank you for the info about your experience. I've played with my drill bit in there by hand enough that it was able to go in, but just barely. we'll see how it does. How tight did you make those bolts? The threadlocker on them surpassed the 46 in-lbs the instructions called for long before they were seated. I just kinda snugg'd them up. I have the double cab and also just finished the cuts on the boards. That was the part I was most worried about and it came out fine. It took an hour... But, they came out looking good.
Nothing much you can do to help at this point. This thing is not gonna fit. You can see the marring on both surfaces. I tried calling. They aren't open until Monday. My choices are to wait until Monday for them to either tell me to ream it out or mail a new one or just break down and ream it out and hope I don't screw up the aluminum. ...Patience is not my strong suit. [emoji19] Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 91 Members, 0 Anonymous, 753 Guests (See full list)
- Sierra Boy
- Derek K
- Kodiak 5.3
- Ben Bassinger