Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

6 Neutral

About firerescuef2

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Name
  • Location
  • Drives

Recent Profile Visitors

1,272 profile views
  1. Late update. I got it fixed. All I did was switch the headlight bulbs out and bam problem solved. When I switched back just for giggles. Problem came back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Wow! That’s a crazy amount for only 1000 Miles. Although my truck doesn’t get much idle time and normally it’s to work and back (about 30 Miles each way, so definitely gets up to operating temp.) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. ***5000 MILE UPDATE*** Just here for an update with my catch can. Here are the results of 5000ish Miles... About 12oz of thick brown stuff. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Huh. Thank you for the info. I still haven’t been able to find a replacement shutter, does anyone know how I may find a replacement shutter motor? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. That is correct. I’m trying to find out if this is a known problem. It does stick on. Then when you run the truck for a while it will start working. If you flash the lights. I’m also not able to find a replacement for the shutter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. I have a 2015 Sierra 2500HD that the passenger side high beam “sticks” on. The high beam light on the dash goes out and the drivers side goes back to low beam. But the passenger side will stay on high beam. It seems to only do it when it’s cold. When the headlight warms up, the problem usually goes away. I usually have to “flash” the lights a bunch of times to get it to go back to low beam. Thank you for any help! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. I sure can. I’ll snap a few tonight. It went to the dealer today for a oil change. They didn’t say anything about it so that’s always a plus Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. So I know it has taken me a while to reply back to this thread but the catch can is in. I have driven about 200 miles since I put it on and have already "caught" 3 tablespoons of oil. I was trying to get around 500 miles before I did a report. I had a bit of an issue installing it..... In my infinite wisdom I somehow managed to hook up the catch can in a loop to itself and the pcv line in a loop. I was wondering why in 500 miles I hadn't caught any oil. Well that certainly explained it. The catch can I installed is a simple non baffled can that I put a simple aluminum baffle and screen in. I have noticed a .5 mpg increase in overall mileage. Also the engine seems to run smoother at low rpms, I would assume this is due to not having the oil mist spraying into the intake. I am also going to install a "clean side" catch can to try and catch any oil in the "clean side". I will check in later when I have some more miles on the can but for now it seems to be a worthwhile investment. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Exactly, I also plan to do a good valve cleaning. Probably going to do a induction cleaning of some sort, I used to do a seafoam cleaning in the Camaro and that made it run much better. It was a DI engine so the deposits were much worse and would build up faster but it cant hurt.
  10. Hello all, After removing my stock intake and throttle body (2015 GMC 2500HD 6.0 SLE 62,000 Miles) to do a good deep cleaning I have came to the conclusion that I need a catch can. The throttle body blade was very dirty along with the throttle body itself. After removing the blade from the throttle body and soaking it in some throttle body cleaner the carbon and oil did come off quite nicely. I used a tooth brush and a terry cloth to clean it. I also used a cloth soaked in cleaner to clean as far into the intake as I could. I noticed that the PCV hose that goes into the intake tube had a bit of oil around the fitting. So I decided to clean it all out as best I could. I ordered a catch can for it this morning that should be in Saturday. Ill do a write up on it when I install it and possibly a video on the install. I had a catch can on my previous Camaro and another truck, both of them gave me around a 1mpg increase, I know these 6.0s run forever but id like to keep as much oil out of the intake as I could.
  11. Just the "box tune" was a big wake up. If you do some reading you can do some data logs and fine tune it for optimum results. That's what I personally did after many hours of reading the diablo forums Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. It made a big difference for me. Seems to have a lot more low end torque. And the gears wind out a lot faster. I'm assuming because of the increased horsepower. It definitely increased the smiles per gallon. And a few mpgs as well! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. I just got back from a 200 mile trip, driving normally. Trip did include a drive up a mountain pass. I got 17 combined hwy/city. Not too bad for me. I have a diablo sport tune and a high flo air filter. Other then that I'm stock. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Just an update for everyone. This is the way I did it. Now I understand this isn't the "correct OEM way" but it worked fine for me. I cut the wires coming from the tow mirrors (very good quality by the way) for the turn signal, back up light, and clearance. I then ran three small automotive wires in a bundle through the OEM door boot. Then ran the wires to the under hood fuse box. I found the fuses for the reverse lamp, left and right turn signals and the parking lights. I used an add a fuse in each of the locations. Now I have fully functional mirrors, heat, glass adjust, signal, parking, reverse. Works fine for me, yes there is a few wires that I tucked up into the stock wiring loom. But all in all it was a pretty easy process. I spend about 15 dollars in wires and connectors. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.