You said that you had Jason turn off the AFM when your below 50 MPH. Was that Jason at Black Bear who did that tune for you?
In my experience with my AutoCal on my 16 Denali with 6.2/8spd, I save just over 1mpg with AFM turned on at 50mph and above. I had Justin turn it off for me below 50mph for when driving around town. It's a night and day difference with the BB tune over the stock tune.
Hey fellas, I've been a long time lurker, but since I got my K2XX in December, I find myself here quite regularly. There's a wealth of information and I've utilized it a fair amount already. My truck is a 2016 GMC Sierra Denali 1500. It's got the 6.2l and 4x4. I bought it with 43000 miles on it, and it's at 47800 now. The previous owner ordered it with the CK157 wheels that I love, along with the tri-mode steps. I use this truck for work, so some of my mods will reflect that. Since it's been a pretty wet winter, I haven't really taken many photos of the truck. The first picture is when I just picked it up, and the next was while I was working one morning. Since purchasing it I've replaced the mostly worn tires with Michelin Defender LTX, replaced the factory muffler with the Magnaflow 12909 and removed the resonator after the axle, removed the tonneau cover to allow the use of my Bedslide, installed a Volant CAI, and used my AutoCal from my previous truck to get tuned by Black Bear. As far as performance/engine mods I'm looking into getting a catch can and adding the sensor for E85. Cosmetically I'd like to lower it 2/4 (maybe 3/5) to make it easier to work out of, and I'm hunting for a camper shell to give me more space for my work equipment and to keep it dry, and allow me to carry my 24ft ladder easier. I plan to keep this truck for 10+ years, so I will be proactive with maintenance. I did also have the BG GDI fuel service done a few days ago, and am planning to get the trans, transfer case, and both differentials serviced soon.
I found this on Facebook Marketplace. The guy is asking $50 for it. It looks to be one of the original RX cans. He claims to have the hoses and other stuff for install. Would you guys run a used can for ~$100 after I drive to get it, or should I spend the additional $$ for a new one?
Good morning folks. My name's Matt and I'm from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I'm new to posting on here, but I joined quite a while ago and lurked quite a bit. I've had some history with GM. Started with an 85 K5, then a 94 C1500, 02 S10, 06 Silverado RCSB, 04 Silverado ECSB, and 08 Denali. A month ago I sold the 08 and got into a 16 Denali. It's got the 6.2 and 8-speed with only 43k miles. I drove over a dozen trucks when searching for my replacement, and this ended up being the best shifting 8-speed out of all of the trucks I test drove. It was owned by a retired teacher in rural Oklahoma so I trust that it wasn't driven like a madman. I use the truck for my window cleaning business. I already replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow and removed the resonator. I also put on a set of Michelin Defenders, both after reading up on them both on this forum. Much appreciated for the info! I'll be getting it tuned with Black Bear since I have an AutoCal from my previous Denali. I'll also add an intake and maybe LT headers.
So for the last 3 years and 58103 miles of tracking I was driving a 2008 Sierra Denali AWD with a Black Bear tune and Airaid MIT with an AEM dry filter. That truck got a lifetime MPG of 13.1. Over the last 25k miles, I averaged 12.8 which was after I put in a Texas Speed custom grind cam. Since getting my 2016 Sierra Denali 6.2/4WD with 3.23 gears on 12/18 and putting 1065 miles, I'm averaging 16mpg. I use the truck for work. I own and operate a window cleaning business, so about 60% is highway, and the other 40% is city/rural with lots of starts and stops as I go from job to job. I also carry about 400lbs of equipment/water with me in the bed and I don't really have a light foot. I'm quite happy to be getting better MPG and am hoping to get that up to 17 or more average. I've ordered a Magnaflow 12909, and will be getting a tune and CAI soon as well.
DenaliStone changed their profile photo
Rainy day means no work for me so I had a set of Michelin Defenders installed on my (new to me) '16 Sierra Denali. Stock Bridgestones had 4/32 left at 44k miles. Lots of praise on here for the Michelins and lots of guys saying they get 70k+ on them. Hope to be one of them! I use the truck for work and put about 25k miles a year on it with a 60/40 mix of highway/city.
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 112 Members, 1 Anonymous, 2,198 Guests (See full list)
- Kee Yoker
- 14 Silvy
- Big Sky Eric
- Jason Nichols
- Walker Lightsey
- Brandon bro
- kickass audio
- Stephan Stuelp
- Colby Chmiel