The problem is not only the production line shutdown but alot of dealers nationwide are also shutdown. Car /truck dealers are non essential and the sales depts are closed. They're not selling anythng. I would think there should be some decent deals to be had once the restrictions are lifted
looks like production line wont be on line anytime soon according to this article. The governor of Ohio has all non essential companies under mandatory shutdown until 4-13-2020. The health of our country has to come first. Looks like at least another month delay to tack onto delivery time. GM Plants Unlikely To Resume Production On March 30 _ GM Authority.htm
I got the regular rail. I really didnt care if the stake holes were partially exposed. I got it online from Realtrucks.com I checked with dealers around here and the price is more or less fixed. No deals to be had. I was checking some on line sites for prices and saw a %10 discount. I called this place and haggled with them. I got $300 off. It was a good deal. I will admit the wide rails would be a cleaner look but to me it wasnt a big deal.
I have been checking the ARE website since late January waiting for the release of their CX fiberglass cabs for the 2020 2500 GMC's. I stopped at our local ARE dealer here in Vermont in early February and was told the molds were just being completed and production should be starting late February. I checked with the dealer again two weeks ago. He is taking orders but told me it's still 3 weeks or so before delivery. I think he was being optimistic. I think with the coronavirus it will be much longer. In the meantime I have decided to purchase a Retrax pro tonneau cover instead. I have a long trip coming up next month and need protection for gear in my bed. I also have the technology package with the 360 camera systems so I get the use of 2 of the cameras back with the tonneau. and it was $500 cheaper
OK--- just went back on the GMC chat line to confirm the TPW date I was given of Friday 3-20-20 That was the wrong date I was given. The correct date is Monday 4-20-20. We have the same week. At least it's moving forward. FB35B484-E4FB-4805-A58D-45AD0591CCCA.heic
Just got off the GMC chat line and got good news-- I think. I was advised I have a target production week of 3-20-20. March 20th is a Friday. I thought all TPW dates were given as a Monday, meaning that the truck would be produced sometime that week. My dealer is pretty useless, I've learned more on this site than I have from him. Does that date on a Friday sound right? or maybe a typo by the chat line? 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 HD SLT CCSB 6.6 gas 989C992B-9B28-4CAA-AE3F-D15F7FA3F8DB.heic
Must be just north of the border. I just checked the GMC site and built my ordered truck again. The only discount offered is $1,000 for the SLT Premium Plus Package. The $2,000 customer cash incentive is now gone for this month. Same truck now costs $2,000 more. Big difference! Sure hope my truck doesnt come in to at least April now, when hopefully the gas engine incentives will be back.
unless I missed something or read wrong. . . . . it looks like all the customer cash incentives have been removed from the 2500/3500 Sierra HD 6.6 gas. The only incentives are on the Duramax diesel. There is nothing this month on the gas version
Ditto, same boat. Ordered on Jan 6th 2020 GMC Sierra 2500 CCSB 6.6 gas quicksilver metallic event code has not moved from 1100. I've been checking weekly on the GMC chat link Spoke to my dealer yesterday. It appears I might be in business shortly. He was optimistic about getting an allocation this coming Tuesday. We'll see. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to get a new truck. Ideally early Spring would be nice, but I am getting a little anxious.
I've been following this thread with great interest as I am in a similar situation. I ordered a 2020 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.6 gas back on Jan 6th. It still sits at 1100 as of today. No movement whatsoever. Dealer has assured nothing to worry about. While I dont need to truck right now, (wouldnt mind letting the tough winter weather move on) the dealer is starting to tick me off. After reading numerous threads about guys that ordered well after me, they already have TPW dates and some have shipped. . If my order changed to 2000 today, I'm probaby still looking at 2 months out. Dealer didnt want any downpayment ... beginning to appreciate that. Dont know if I should look on the GMC search feature for another truck or wait out the dealer and allocation BS. His price was ok and fair but not a great deal. What's great about this forum is no matter what problem or situation you have, someone else has gone thru the same thing.
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 103 Members, 1 Anonymous, 2,518 Guests (See full list)
- Delta D
- Sean D
- Jay P
- Yuri Srb
- Alex Kemple
- Bill Davis
- Booger T
- Rick Bush
- Kole Zimmer