Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'cammed 5.3'.
Found 2 results
L86 cam questions
Damnali posted a topic in 2014-2018 Silverado & Sierra ModsMy trucks going in for open heart surgery in a month. DOD delete, tsp stage 2 L83/5.3 cam in my L86/6.2. I eventually would love to put a blower on it. I drive the truck frequently and don’t want to do too big of a cam where I’ll have to change my torque converter. Will I get away with a L83 stage 3 cam with my stock converter or should I stick to the stage 2. Specs are 5.3L Stage 2 Camshaft w/ +32% Fuel Lobe: 218/226, 635", 113 LSA, 109 ICL All my mods will be intake, portable TB, (hopefully have my heads ported when it goes in for dod delete and cam) LT4 injectors, 1-7/8 long tube hears, off-road y-pipe. I’ll have a 3.5” electric cut out followed by stock exhaust for now. Trucks reverse level and blocks removed. 22x12 -51 285/35r22 no trimming or cutting
Tomolu5's 09 z71 street truck sleeperish build
Tomolu5 posted a topic in Vehicle BuildsOk, so I found this forum while doing some research for parts compatibility, and it seems to have some traffic, soo I joined. I didn't find a whole lot of information about what I was trying to do anywhere, so I decided to figure it out for myself, and forged on. One aspect in particular, the 8 lug conversion, seems as though not too many people have gone this route, but I am in the middle of it, so hopefully this thread might help somebody else that is attempting this while giving them a real world example of the cost, but more on that later, I am going to start from the beginning. My goals weren't terribly clear when I decided to tear into my truck, which is an 09 z71 1500 flex (lmg) with 3.73's and a g80 locker 4l60e truck. I knew I wanted more power, and a healthy sound, but not too loud, as I live in a neighborhood and usually idle my truck for at least 15 minutes every morning in the winter. So the catalyst for this build was a substantial oil leak that I couldn't seem to find the source of without tearing into things. I'm not one to get very deep into any engine without trying to improve it on my way out. I did a little research, and after speaking with geoff @ engine power systems he recommended a cam for my setup (at the time I was planning to only do a cam/tune). We went with their "truck torque 1" cam, but he ground it on a 112 LSA, and springs pushrods and such. The cam is a 214/[email protected] .600/.564 112lsa. He said any more cam wasn't going to work well without some long tubes and more gear and a stall converter. The cam install also required that I delete the AFM, which requires that you replace the lifters and the valley cover. Some trucks came equipped with VVT, and this would have been deleted during this process as well if my truck had it. Between the time when I ordered the cam and received it, this is when things snowballed. I did a few side jobs, and had the extra cash to pick up a set of pacesetter long tubes and an off road y pipe, an electric cutout, a CAI, and no doubt a few other things I am forgetting. While it was apart, and I was breaking the heads down anyways, I decided to do some minor port work, and milled .030" off the head for the slight bump in compression(approx half a point). Once everything arrived, we went to work, and inside of a weekend(had to swap out the pushrods a couple days later, the 7.375's we guessed at were a bit too noisy) we had it up and running, minus the dyno tune (I did a baseline pull bone stock for my own curiosity). Stock the truck made 250hp and 275 tq. After all was said and done, it made 329hp and 320tq. There was probably better numbers to be had, but we didn't wanna do 3rd. Gear pulls on the stock driveshaft. I have higher goals now, but I need to get the supporting mods finished before I give her any more power, the 4l60 isn't going to live very long, and I don't think the 10 bolt was gonna put up with me much longer. Pics in next reply. Feel free to question/comment.