Digital Assist Steering
A new feature in 2016 is Digital Steering Assist. The idea is Silverado can and will automatically adjust for road crown while towing or empty. The feature is available on double cab and crew cab models but will not be available on WT or regular cab.
The Midnight Edition jumps up to LT trimmed HD pickups in 2016, although not many details have been released yet. Only these photos, taken at the State Fair of Texas gives us a hint of what's on tap. Chevy will also offer Silverado Custom for WT models, Custom Sport on LT and LTZ models and a Z71 Off Road package on 4WD LT and LTZ trim.
Silverado HD will receive the same MyLink upgrades that Silverado 1500 will get this model year including Apply CarPlay available this fall and Android Auto next spring.
New J2807 Towing Standards
Chevrolet is also releasing updated towing numbers for the 2016 HD that conform with new towing standards.
- Maximum 2500HD conventional trailering rating of 14,500 pounds (6,577 kg)
- Maximum 2500HD fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailering rating of 18,000 pounds (8,165 kg)
- Maximum 3500HD single-rear-wheel conventional trailering rating of 15,000 pounds (6,804 kg)
- Maximum 3500HD single-rear-wheel fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailering rating of 17,500 pounds (7,938 kg)
- Maximum 3500HD dual-rear-wheel conventional trailering rating of 20,000 pounds (9,072 kg)
- Maximum 3500HD dual-rear-wheel fifth-wheel or gooseneck trailering rating of 23,200 pounds (10,523 kg)