I guess i'll go in this weekend and get'er done. The dealership will need the mileage to prorate it, I bet they will try to talk me out of it. I guess if it weren't for the $100 deductible I wouldn't mind. I have to confirm with the wife first. I'm sure she'll just say it's up to me. Throw that money into a repair pot.
Here's whats covered
Maximum WRAP Plan 4 – 12 New Only
The Dealer says it also covers anything factory (thus the "WRAP") and continues it until full term 60/100,000.
4. Air Conditioning Components: (Factory Installed Units Only) Air conditioner compressor, clutch, clutch pulley, clutch coils, electrical HVAC actuators, condenser, evaporator, expansion valve, accumulator, orifice, idler pulley, bearing, ducts and outlet tubes, blower motor, temperature control programmer, power module, high/low cut off switch and receiver/dryer.
5. Heating/Cooling Components: Water pump, thermostat, radiator and mounting brackets. Fan shroud and fan controller module. The coolant recovery unit. Heater ducts and cabins. Blower motor, heater core, fan, fan clutch and fan motor.
6. Electrical Components: Starter, alternator, voltage regulator, distributor, ignition coil, wiring harness, solenoids, ignition switch, lock and tumbler, brake light switch, wiper motors, horn button and horns, driver’s side (steering wheel) airbag, manually operated switches, power door locks, window motors and regulators, mirror motors and controls, power antenna motor, power seat motor; cruise control transducer, engagement switch and servo; turn signal switch, wiper delay switch and controller, wiper/washer controller and pump, power sunroof / convertible top motor and switches, relays, gauges, electronic level control module, instrument cluster, electronic mixture control unit and sensors, electronic anti-detonation sensors, keyless entry system, and electronic anti-theft device (factory installed only).
7. Braking Components: Master cylinder, power assist booster, wheel cylinders, combination valves, metal hydraulic lines and fittings, disc calipers, backing plates, springs, clips, retainers, and electronic anti-lock brake system (ABS) and relays. Parking brake linkage and cables, and rear actuators. 8. Suspension Components: Struts, mounting plates, retainer and bushing, upper and lower control arms, control arm shafts and bushings. The upper and lower ball joints, steering knuckles, wheel bearings, stabilizer shaft, linkage and bushings, torsion bars, spindle and spindle supports, radius arm and bushings, coil and leaf springs, strut bar and bushing.
9. Steering Components: Gear housing and all internally lubricated parts, including the rack and pinion, power steering pump, main and intermediate shafts. Couplings, cooler and cooler lines, power cylinder and pitman arm. Idler arm, tie rod and tie rod ends and control valve.
10. Fuel Delivery Components: Fuel pump, fuel tank, fuel tank sending unit, metal fuel lines, fuel injectors, carburetor, throttle body, fuel distributor, fuel injection pump, diesel injectors, diesel injector pump and vacuum booster pump. 11. Seals and Gaskets Coverage: Seals and gaskets are covered for all listed parts, provided the VEHICLE has 95,000 miles or
12. Maximum Plan covers all parts of the VEHICLE except for items a-c listed below. Maximum Wrap Plan covers all parts for the VEHICLE except the Engine, Transmission and Drive Axle Components and the following items. a.) Parts listed under the Exclusions From Coverage Section of this AGREEMENT; b.) Parts covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, special policy, or recall; and c.) Parts listed in the Conversion Truck/Van Package or Hybrid Electric Vehicle Package unless elected on YOUR DECLARATION PAGE. ADDITIONAL BENEFITS 1. Substitute Transportation: In the event of a BREAKDOWN covered by this AGREEMENT, WE will pay on behalf of or reimburse YOU for receipted expenses to rent a replacement vehicle from a licensed rental agency, or for alternate public transportation while the VEHICLE is at a licensed REPAIR FACILITY in accordance with the terms and provisions of this AGREEMENT. We will pay the actual expenses, not to exceed forty dollars ($40) per day for 8 days. Total benefit shall not exceed three hundred twenty ($320) for each repair visit. You must incur this expense between the date of the BREAKDOWN and the date the repairs to the covered parts are completed. 2. Trip Interruption: In the event that a BREAKDOWN occurs more than one hundred (100) miles from YOUR home and results in a REPAIR FACILITY keeping the VEHICLE overnight, WE will reimburse YOU for receipted motel and restaurant expenses, up to ninety ($90) per day for a maximum of three (3) days. Total benefit shall not exceed two hundred seventy ($270) per occurrence. Prior authorization is not required for Trip Interruption benefits.
24-HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE BENEFITS (This is all covered by my Insurance! Double coverage for extra $$$)
1. Towing and Wrecker Service: In the event the VEHICLE becomes disabled due to a covered mechanical failure which renders the VEHICLE inoperable, WE will arrange to have the VEHICLE transported to the nearest qualified repair service facility and will pay up to a maximum of one hundred dollars ($100) per occurrence for the transportation expenses.
2. Flat Tire Change: In the event of a flat tire on the VEHICLE, WE will arrange for a service provider to mount an inflated spare tire provided by YOU and will pay up to a maximum of one hundred dollars ($100) per occurrence for the flat tire service call.
3. Emergency Gas Delivery Service: In the event the VEHICLE runs out of gas, WE will arrange for a service provider to deliver an emergency supply of gas for the VEHICLE and will pay up to a maximum of one hundred dollars ($100) per occurrence for the gas delivery service, excluding the cost of the gas. YOU are responsible for the cost of the emergency supply of gas at the time of delivery.
4. Battery Jump Service: In the event the VEHICLE will not crank due to a weak or “run-down” battery, WE will arrange for a service provider to boost or jump-start the battery and will pay up to a maximum of one hundred dollars ($100) per occurrence for the battery jump service.
5. Key Lockout Service: In the event the keys for the VEHICLE are lost, broken or accidentally locked in the VEHICLE, or the VEHICLE has a frozen lock, WE will arrange for a service provider to unlock the VEHICLE and will pay up to a maximum of one hundred dollars ($100) per occurrence for the locksmith service, excluding the cost of replacement keys. YOU are responsible for the cost of any replacement keys at the time of service.
Note: The 24-Hour Roadside Assistance services are provided through Saferide Motor Club, Inc. 4287 Beltline Road, Box #198, Addison, TX 75001 and their toll free number is 1-877-211-8136. Please refer to the Guide to Filing a Claim section for claims instructions.
In addition, I also have this
CUSTOMER CARE ONE (5 visits) includes:
5 Engine Oil Change/Oil Filter Replacement
5 Fluids Check and Replenish
2 Rotate Tires/Adjust Air Pressure
2 Brake Inspection
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE:
1. FOR REPAIR COSTS OR EXPENSES REPORTED OR MADE AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT OR NOT AUTHORIZED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR;
2. FOR REPAIR COSTS OR EXPENSES IF THE ODOMETER OF THE VEHICLE BREAKS OR BECOMES INOPERABLE OR UNRELIABLE FOR ANY REASON AND ODOMETER REPAIRS WERE NOT MADE IMMEDIATELY AT THE TIME OF FAILURE, OR IF THE ODOMETER HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH, DISCONNECTED OR ALTERED IN ANY WAY;
3. FOR REPAIR COSTS OR EXPENSES IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN USED FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE BUSINESS USE OPTION WAS PURCHASED: POLICE OR LAW ENFORCEMENT SERVICES, FIRE, AMBULANCE OR EMERGENCY SERVICES, TAXI, LIMOUSINE OR SHUTTLE SERVICES, PICK-UP AND/OR DELIVERY OPERATIONS, RACING, NEWSPAPER OR MAIL DELIVERY, RENTAL SERVICES, SECURITY SERVICES, SNOW REMOVAL OR SNOW PLOWING, CABLE OR LINE INSTALLATION, OR HAULING FOR HIRE, OR IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN USED FOR HAULING TRAILERS IN EXCESS OF THE MANUFACTURER’S RATED CAPACITY OR HAULING TRAILERS WITHOUT SUITABLE EQUIPMENT, OR IF THE REQUIREMENTS IN THE MANUFACTURER’S MANUAL FOR VEHICLES USED TO PULL TRAILERS ARE NOT FOLLOWED;
4. FOR REPAIR COSTS OR EXPENSES IF YOU CANNOT PROVIDE TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCURATE RECORDS PROVING THAT YOU HAVE MAINTAINED THE VEHICLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS, OR IF ANY ALTERATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE VEHICLE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE USE OF OVERSIZED TIRES, INSTALLATION OF HEADER PIPES OR LIFT KITS (SURCHARGE REQUIRED), AND REMOVAL OF ANY EMISSION CONTROL PARTS SYSTEM;
5. FOR REPAIR COSTS OR EXPENSES IF THE VEHICLE IS STILL IN THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY PERIOD OR COVERED BY A RECALL OR SPECIAL POLICY BY THE MANUFACTURER REGARDLESS OF THEIR ABILITY TO PAY FOR REPAIR;
6. FOR REPAIR COSTS OR EXPENSES IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN ABUSED OR NEGLECTED.
7. FOR ANY ACCIDENTAL LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM COLLISION OR UPSET, FALLING MISSILES OR OBJECTS, FIRE, THEFT, ARSON, EXPLOSION, LIGHTNING, EARTHQUAKE, WINDSTORM, ICE, HAIL, WATER, FLOOD, MALICIOUS MISCHIEF, VANDALISM, RIOT OR CIVIL COMMOTION, OR IF THE VEHICLE IS A TOTAL LOSS, HAS BEEN REPOSSESSED OR IS THE SUBJECT OF A REPOSSESSION ACTION, OR FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER, EXCEPT AS OUTLINED IN THIS AGREEMENT;
8. FOR LIABILITIES FOR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR FOR INJURY TO OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON ARISING OUT OF THE OPERATION, REPAIR, MAINTENANCE OR USE OF THE VEHICLE, WHETHER OR NOT RELATED TO ANY COVERED PART, OR FOR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF USE OF THE VEHICLE, LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, OR COMMERCIAL LOSS RESULTING FROM THE OPERATION, MAINTENANCE AND/OR USE OF THE VEHICLE, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY COVERED HEREIN;
9. FOR ANY MECHANICAL PROBLEMS THAT EXISTED PRIOR TO THE PURCHASE OF THIS AGREEMENT OR BREAKDOWNS CAUSED BY THE FAILURE OF THE AGREEMENT HOLDER TO MAINTAIN PROPER QUALITIES OR LEVELS OF COOLANTS OR LUBRICANTS; or for any MECHANICAL PROBLEMS RELATED TO FUELS EXCEED 10% ETHANOL AND THE ENGINE IS NOT RATED FOR THIS FUEL MIXTURE
10. FOR REPAIRS TO ANY PART THAT HAS NOT SUFFERED A BREAKDOWN, OR IF THE WEAR ON THE PART HAS NOT EXCEEDED THE PUBLISHED FIELD TOLERANCE ALLOWED BY THE MANUFACTURER, OR FOR REPAIR COSTS NOT NECESSARY TO CORRECT A BREAKDOWN, OR FOR DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS RESULTING FROM FAULTY OR NEGLIGENT AUTO REPAIR WORK OR FROM THE INSTALLATION OF DEFECTIVE PARTS;
11. FOR ANY REPAIR COSTS DUE TO CONTAMINATION OF ANY KIND, CORROSION, RUST, DETONATION, PRE-IGNITION, CARBON BUILD UP, SLUDGE, ELECTROLYSIS, RATTLES, WATER LEAKS, WIND NOISES; PWCPACOR0214-001 8
12. FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS: MANUAL CLUTCH ASSEMBLY; GLOW PLUGS; BRAKE PADS, SHOES, ROTORS AND DRUMS; WIPER BLADES, WIPER ARMS; ALL BATTERIES, BATTERY CABLES; AIR FILTERS, OIL FILTER, COOLANTS AND FLUIDS, IF NOT IN CONNECTION WITH A COVERED REPAIR; SPARK PLUGS; PLUG WIRES; EGR VALVE; DRIVE BELTS; RUBBER HOSES; EXHAUST PIPES; CATALYTIC CONVERTERS; MUFFLERS; RESONATORS; SHOCK ABSORBERS; TIRES, WHEELS, SEALED BEAMS; LIGHT BULBS AND LENSES; NON-FACTORY INSTALLED AUDIO SYSTEMS AND DISC PLAYERS; PLASMA TELEVISIONS; CAR PHONES; CELLULAR, SATELLITE, OR MICROWAVE COMMUNICATON DEVICES; BRIGHT METAL PARTS; RUBBER MOLDINGS; WEATHER STRIPS; METAL, GLASS OR PLASTIC TRIM; UPHOLSTERY; CARPET; ASH TRAYS; CUP HOLDERS; ANY NON-FACTORY INSTALLED PARTS; CONVERTIBLE TOP, FRAME AND MECHANISM; SUNROOF TRACK AND MECHANISM; SAFETY RESTRAINT SYSTEMS (SEAT BELTS AND AIR BAGS, EXCEPT STEERING WHEEL) OR PART THEREOF; OR
13. CHARGES FOR: SHOP SUPPLIES, FREIGHT, HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL, WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND TIRE BALANCE.