HVAC not working after starter replaced

MalinoisGirl

Question

My mechanics replaced my starter in my 2002 Suburban and ever since the auto HVAC is not working correctly.  It was working great when I took it in and when I picked up the vehicle and started to drive home I hadn't even left the shop and realized there was no cold air and barely any air coming out of the vents.  They have had it going on the 3rd day today and still nothing.  They have tried multiple things although I don't know all the various things they have tried.  I have learned from some of the forums that the combination of what is done is important and I noticed when I stopped by yesterday to pick up some things out of the Suburban they were trying things with the doors open and sometimes moving the control knobs a lot.  They said it's not the blower motor and tried a new actuator.  When they have the tester/sensor (?) plugged into the vehicle it says it's shifting from face to defrost to floor, etc but it's actually not blowing the air out.  They also said the temperature is reading 50 degrees for the outdoor temp and as it was 90 degrees yesterday that obviously is incorrect.  

I have used these guys for years and they've always been good to me but I'm getting pretty frustrated - as are they.  I wonder if they have tried too many things and not the right combination.  They have a Tech 2 tool to recalibrate but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm wondering what you may suggest?  I don't want to be disrespectful and I certainly am not a mechanic but in my business when I am stuck on an issue I talk to other trainers to bounce ideas off.  I'm also wondering how I can suggest certain procedures to try for this issue without upsetting them.  They really are good guys and have always done a great job for me.  We are all very frustrated at this point.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE:  My mechanic has more information.  The relay box on the passenger side has no ground connectivity.  They think this may be why it is not recalibrating.  

Thoughts??

Hoping this will resolve the issue when they replace this relay box.

Edited by MalinoisGirl
new information

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet