• Last visited

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

• Name
    Jim
  • Interests
    Snowmobiling, my beautiful wife. In that order.
  • Drives
    2022 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0l Duramax

Recent Profile Visitors

6,094 profile views

slimjim2525's Achievements

Senior Enthusiast

Senior Enthusiast (8/11)

1. Just saw a video on youtube. To clear this, just start the truck, press the brake, and hold the parking brake button for 10 seconds. It cleared. No trip to the dealer. But still, batteries dying cuz the truck sat for a couple weeks. This is the second time it happened actually. Went on a cruise for a week, came home and same thing, but that time I was able to jump it off my car.
  2. I just got back from a 2 week snowmobile trip in Quebec. I left my truck at my house in Vermont. Got back, and the battery is totally dead. Would not jump off of jumper cables. Had to call AAA, and they double jumped it with a jump box, and jumper cables. Drove it home 3.5 hours to my house in CT. Shut it off, and sure enough, it wont start. Put a voltmeter on it and is reading 3.3 volts. So I bought a new battery. Now I have a warning to service parking brake and a wrench symbol on the dash. WTF GM?? Off to the dealer I go, and I'm out of warranty as the truck has 40k miles on it.
  3. Place a piece of high dense foam in between leaf springs in the rear. One piece in the front part of the leaf spring, and one in the rear. Problem solved.
  4. Just to be clear, I haven't come on this site a lot recently because of the ads. It's annoying. And for us less tech savvy folks, thanks to SPA Sierra for the info on adguard. I installed it and now, no more ads, and will coming here a lot more.
  5. Had a 2004 with 5.3, traded for a 2007 with 5.3, gave that to my brother and got a 2018 with 5.3. Hated the 6 speed in the 2018 and the feeling of getting hit from behind every time I came to a stop. Traded that for the 3.0l with 10 speed. What a combination. From 325 miles a tank to 607 miles on my last tank before the low gas light came on. I am keeping this truck for a long time like I did with the 2007. My brother still has it and running great at 315K miles. He had to replace the bed as it rusted out, that it other than routine maintenance.
  6. Holy ******. I would be pissed. Imagine if my kid was in the truck.
  7. Heated seats done yesterday. Super stoked. as soon as they were done, headed to my place in northern VT, and it was a nice addition as it was 19F degrees here.
  8. I will ask about that too. They are also looking into my dreaded diesel exhaust smell in the cab on start up.
  9. My AMP research steps go to 11.25" off the ground. I love them, more importantly the wife loves them.
  10. Good advice. I did not receive my letter yet, called my dealer yesterday, told him what you said, and now have an appointment on 1/26. They are going to order the chip. Thanks.
  11. Just did the autostop eliminator in my truck. Very simple install, 15 minutes or so.
  12. 2018 GMC with 5.3 got 325 miles until gas light came on. 2022 GMC with 3.0 got 580 miles until gas light came on.
  13. Just installed them on my 2022. Love 'em. Will never go to another step.
  14. I put hot shot anti gel in mine. -31 in Quebec this year with it. No issues at all. Love, Love, Love this engine.
  15. My brand new truck has a weird issue. The radio, while playing XM will suddenly stop transmitting and sound will go dead, but then the screen goes black. 10 seconds or so later the sound will come on but the radio is still black, then it will lite up again. If it keeps happening, obviously will bring it to the dealer, but any ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.