SW Guys come on!!!

Well, #### Randy, you live in Las Cruces, NM!  :D  I am over-extended as it is!  

Seriously, what's the wheelin like in NM?  Dry sandy stuff, or is there plenty of mud too?  And what kinda mud, we get the really clay based stuff here, as well as some good ol fashioned GUMBO mud (nasty stuff)!

How bout hunting?  You hunt?  Plenty of white tail, dove, geese here in TX.

Depends on the part of the state youre in but weve got plenty mud... The area where I live is right by the Rio Grande. Its usually really dry (and yes lots o' sand) but down by the river would be a good place for four-wheeling. (If I had a 4*4!!) Huntings good here... Theres a few ranches... Good elk hunting up north.. And some of the biggest mule deer over east. Lots of quail and dove.. Even some ducks! Lots of rodents too, (I.E foxes, rabbits, gophers, coons, badgers). Weve got several mountain ranges... and believe it or not, were one of the top places for ski resorts... Even here in the middle of the desert I could drive for 2 hours and be in the snow skiing!!. And if no-one comes herefor anything else, Down here where Im at (1 hr north of el paso) you cant beat the enchiladas  ;) BTW thanks for replying and lettin me know theres at least one other person in the SW that surfs this forum still  :D

Funny stuff!  I agree, these forums are located all the way at the bottom of the page, so if you read, and read, and read and get tired...you don't make it this far :D

Seriously, I love to hunt and I love to ski.  I have been to Angel Fire resort and Taos.  I LOVE Taos!  It is truly beautiful.  The only New Mexico I have seen is while driving to/from the ski resorts.

Hunting wise, we are 4 weeks from dove opening up, and 6 weeks from Teal season I think!  Man, I am excited.  I just bought a Benelli Super Black Eagle (left handed)!  Can't wait to lay down some birds with it :thumbs:

Also, being from New Mexico, I'll bet you are big in to the hot air balloon scene.  I had a friend back in high school from NM, and he had all these pins of different balloons and all that.  Pretty cool stuff.

• 5 months later...

I'm in albuquerque, and about 30 minutes away in one direction is a pretty nice area to go 4 wheeling, but I don't think it is suited for bigger trucks, I used to tear up my nissan out there quite a bit, and it was small, jeeps, broncos and 4 runners are ideal, but there is some spots for bigger trucks, they just aren't nearly as fun or dangerous.  there is also an open space right on the edge of town, and after a good rain, ther are some nice mud puddles to play in, go some pictures of my nissan up to it's headlights almost in mud and water.  albuquerque is also at the base of the mountains, so about 30 minutes out of town there are some nice mountain trails.

Ohhh eyah, you asked about the mud, not much other than water and dirt, water doesn't stay standing for long before it dries up, and it rarely rains long enough to stay wet

• 1 month later...

well if ya check the first string itll tell ya where im at if any1 relatively local wants to get together, just let me know :cool:

"PEACEFUL PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEABLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN ARE READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF." GEORGE ORWELL.......SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH THE GOVT OR NOT, THEIR CONSTANT SELF-SACRIFICE DESERVES NOTHING LESS!!!

• 4 months later...

my first post, i just purchased my first truck after being an Impala SS owner for a few years, unfortunately i drove them into the ground, literally....

i'm in Tucson, AZ. any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

i plan on dropping the truck and putting 20's on it. i would also like to mess with more with the motor. i'm looking for some easy, inexpensive (if possible) mods.

thanks. :cheers:

Archived