Speaker Replacement 1994 Gmc Interior Trim Removal

I recently purchased a 1994 GMC Sierra SL. I want to replace the rear speakers, but they are buried in the door post trim panel and I have not been able to figure out how to pop the trim to get access. Taking a close look it seems like the trim panel is connected to every other piece of trim in the cab!! Please help!! :lol:

• 1 month later...

It's a pain but no you don't have to take everything out, just most of everything. More than likely you will break some tabs, so buy you some epoxy. First remove the door sill plates, then pop the back cover off, it's below the window, it should just pop off if you pull gently. There should be 3 screws at the bottom of the door post panel and one at the coat hook take those out. Last but not least pop the panel off.

i just did mine and it s a pain,so while i was at it I removed my headliner and reglued it and removed my seats and console ,removed and shampooed my carpet,you have to remove the seat belt retractors to removed side trim ,you need the torx bit and a 3/8 impact to fit it

the truck was built around those dam rear speakers, (not loling!)

Archived