99 civic si

00sibeater

my sisters husband has a 99 civic si    v crap, he has the usuall. exhaust, intake,lowered like 2 inches, 18 in wheels, all the usless crap. i always said i could beat him., but we never raced. but like 6 months later we were leaving my dad's house and came to a light. so i asked do u wanna race and he siad sure. i have an automatic   5.3 all stock. i put in 1st. light turned green . i left in first to about 4500 rpm then second then 3rd. i had him all the way to about 55 mph, then i backed off. ofcourse he later said i would have taken me if we kept going, i said i still want a liscence.

And those ricer si's redline at 8300 rpm he said he brought it all the way up to redline and his v-crap kicked in. i said i kept the truck under 5grand normal operation with stock power from an all american chevy  V8

My buddy has a built WS6, I mean new block, pistons, heads, valves, etc...not bolt ons and a cam... a close ratio tranny and 4.10 rear-end gears so this car launches like ####.  A V-TEC with a actually turbo rolls up I can here the blow off valve and he's sitting in this car in the back seat it seems like due to the 170 degree angle of his seat but anyways he tached it up and burned both front tires...I was like whole s*%t this is a real racer, actually no but it sounds good.. my buddy eases in 2nd and then third this ricers ahead of us about three car lengths, my buddy wasn't going to race him. then the passenger gets out of the window of the Civic with a camera and is recording everything so he goes my car isn't going to end up on the internet getting beat by a ricer with this he drops from 3 to 2 and we lose traction and go side ways launch in 3rd and blow by him so fast that I couldn't  see the car I swear...it was awesome...

My son was at Darlington Dragway this past friday night and he said that a 98 Z71 (pure stock) with mud all over it was blowing away all the ricers there. He told me that a ricer pulled up next to him and smoked the front tires big time. Well the truck smoked the rear tires them locked in 4 lo and smoked all 4 tires. The crowd went wild. He was driving his buddies mustang and got busted by this muddy truck. He turned a 13.6 and the truck turned a 13.2. The owner told him it was pure stock. He was so interested in the truck because I have one just like it. He told me the only difference is mine is a stepside and this one was a fleet side. He said it was the same color with all the same goodies I got. I'm sure he had at least the 3.73 rear as I don't think mine will turn near that fast. I may find out one day but I'm still hurting by that $3000.00 tranny I just had to put in her. I would like to see that fullsize Z71 bust all those ricers and mustangs. He said he didn't even mind being busted by a chevy as he a GM man too. Just driving the mustang for his buddy as he can't shift gears worth a sh*t. Well the moral of the story is be careful what you challange as you might get your feelings hurt................. :devil:

• 6 months later...

In rebuttle to the stock not burning all 4 tires. I was at the car wash the other day and a 98 or 99 dually 4x4 was there(daddy's truck im sure) ricers showing their ass all over the place. These kids finished washing that truck and asked me if I wanted them to stay until I was finished. I said no as I'm an old man and not worried about ricer gangs that run around like wild dogs. Well they stayed anyway. As I said the ricers were farting up a storm and burning front tires. This kid locked in the 4wd and dumped the clutch and that diesel lit up all 6 tires. The most awesome thing I ever saw on a truck. This is a farm truck. Well the ricers pulled out and screamed off and low and behold the cops show up. Well the truck is gone and they come up to me and ask if I saw who was burning the tires. Of couse I told them about the rice rocket with the big fart can....... :D

Archived