For a long time, when it was cool out, my left drivers door speaker wouldn't work. If the truck sat in the sun, it would start working again once the inside was warm. Well today only the tweeters work. Any idea where to start looking? I already pulled fuses to the radio and amp to see if it needed a "reset." Disconnected the battery, nothing either.

If any of them are intermittent, just replace them, they are failing. I had this happen to my rear speakers. The dealer pulled the old one, and plugged the new one in right in front of me to show me, and then back. for whatever reason, the old ones would constantly cut in and out. If you still have warranty they are covered! BTW, dont go too cheap, get them at a local custom shop, they only charge for the speaker and install free (usually) then you are not responsible for broken door panel clips, etc. :D

Nice truck too!

It might be a pinch speaker wire or the speaker might be grounding. I had a similer problem with my other car and found out that the speaker wire was pinched causing it to cut in and out at random times. Maybe you wanna start there before buying new speakers. Although opening something new is always great.

Archived