rims on 05 sierra

ok guys i have a 05 2 wheel drive sierra and have put some 79 series american eagle alloys 17x9 with a -11 offset the problem i have is vibration some say it will always do that because it supposed to be hub centric can this be fixed with hub centric rings or is it to much for the lug studs please advise

Did the shop mount them to your truck or did you? The reason I ask is shops don't take the time to do things right sometimes. Either way you could try re-mounting them, Tighten them in a cross pattern and don't tighten them all the way on the first pass, Go around three or four times slowly tightening them. If that doesn't work or to make mounting them easier next time buy a set of hub rings.

http://shop.wheelacc.com/hub-centric-ring-set-p4378.aspx

I'd do as stated there and just make sure you didn't throw a weight off. Also check the steering and suspension parts for tightness before spending money on rings. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the link and the info and if I use the rings does that put weight back on the hub or studs or both I have heard that u can not run lug centric on that year is that true or would I be good to go need every ones input on this

Thanks for the link and the info and if I use the rings does that put weight back on the hub or studs or both I have heard that u can not run lug centric on that year is that true or would I be good to go need every ones input on this

No, it is a myth that it puts the weight on the hub, If that were the case I wouldn't feel safe with plastic rings bearing the weight anyway. They just line the wheel perfectly straight with the hub while you are snugging it down, So it does make things easier.

So everyone agrees it will be fine to run these rims on this year 2 wheel drive and the wheels stay on being lug centric if so thats great and i will try those things when i get my rings and thank u guys for the info all other comments on this situation are welcome

Archived