service Traction Control" And "service Stability TracK

John Addy

Question

I have searched thru the forum for this in the title for a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500.  This just came on tonight on my 2011 GMC,   I just bought the truck an about to make my second payment.  I have seen a few things people was saying about different things they have done to fix the issue.  Has anyone actually found anything that will work. 

As of now the truck isn't loosen power or anything anything funny ( knock on wood )

Thank you for any help

2 answers to this question

Is it giving any codes using a quality scanner? The code will tell you what might be wrong. My 2010 did this quite a few times over a month and then eventually the brake interlock would not let me start the truck and the brake lights weren't working all the time as it got worse. It was the brake light switch at the top of the pedal that went out and it fixed ALL my issues and was cheap to do myself. 

When is this happening and does it happen all the time or occasionally and check for any codes with a good scanner. This will help figure it out as it could be more than one sensor.

Do you live on a dirt road? We did, and had the same problem. I used to clean the under carage and brakes frequently. The sensors were just getting dirty.

Eventually I had to get a new sensor from the dealer. Damn thing was like $600. But I blame the dirt road.

The point of owning a 4x4 is to get it dirty tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk