Powertrax Lock right

I just ordered a Powertrax Lock right, hopefully its worth a s**t. I'm sick of not getting traction, anything above 1/2 throttle even on dry tar lets the right rear spin like hell. Hopefully this unit will help, and works ok during turns.

I just ordered a Powertrax Lock right, hopefully its worth a s**t. I'm sick of not getting traction, anything above 1/2 throttle even on dry tar lets the right rear spin like hell. Hopefully this unit will help, and works ok during turns.

I hope it works better for you in your S10 than it did for me in a Wrangler. Going straight was ok but sharp turns where horrible.

People are saying thats its a quite and dependable locker in the 8.5 10 bolt, one guy said its the quietest of its type, and you can only hear it with the windows down and your head sticking out the window.

but get ready for sideslip because i'm sure you can break both rears loose :cheers:

lets hope so.

Dude you know the G80 rocks....... LOL

"Rocks" is not a word I would use for a Gov Loc differentail but it would be far better than a Power Trax because you would still have a differentail with spider gears. Some people do not realize how much a differentail effects daily driving and handling until they no longer have one.

but get ready for sideslip because i'm sure you can break both rears loose :cheers:

lets hope so.

Dude you know the G80 rocks....... LOL

"Rocks" is not a word I would use for a Gov Loc differentail but it would be far better than a Power Trax because you would still have a differentail with spider gears. Some people do not realize how much a differentail effects daily driving and handling until they no longer have one.

True, and some people won't get used to how it works so if one does decide to take it out, it goes right back to the stock open diff if you save all the parts. Weigh the differences and look at the prices. $400 powertrax do-it-yourself or much more for a detroit/auburn/eaton unit that requires a extensive setup likely to be done by a shop for additional labor costs.

$400?, your thinking of the No Slip, Not the Lock Right.

It was like 225, and the thing rocks. I put it in on saturday. I have a friend that has swarn my the Gov Lock for years and I took him for a ride and his mind has changed.

The thing is beautiful, it is locked all the time, and when you turn, even the slightest corner, it unlocks, its smooth, and you can barely hear it, and thats if you have your head hanging out the window. But when you crap can it you better be holding on to something cuz it moves like never before.

$400?, your thinking of the No Slip, Not the Lock Right.

It was like 225, and the thing rocks. I put it in on saturday. I have a friend that has swarn my the Gov Lock for years and I took him for a ride and his mind has changed.

The thing is beautiful, it is locked all the time, and when you turn, even the slightest corner, it unlocks, its smooth, and you can barely hear it, and thats if you have your head hanging out the window. But when you crap can it you better be holding on to something cuz it moves like never before.

Better not be on the gas much in a turn because if so it will not unlock. There are not good if you tow because they will likely never unlock in turns towing a load. Through in winter driving and it can get even more interesting. I am not a big Gov Loc fan but atleast it has spider gears in it for powered turns.

Archived