Power Windows

I've looked at a few places online about adding power windows, most of the kits i find are around $300 for this.

could I due this. get these off of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7970569164&rd=1 for both sides. and then get some switches and all should work? Or is there more to it? Spending around $120 seems a lot better then $300+

Thanks

I did my Sierra with a kit from JC Whitney. The only draw back is the door panels look like crap with the plug where the old hand regulator handle was. I mounted the switches in the arm rests. Have thought about getting door panels from a truck that had power windows and locks but haven't done that yet. Its an easy install, took about 2 hrs total. Good Luck

If you wanna do a factory install on 99-02 you need:

both window regulators

both door wiring harnesses

both window switches

both power door panels

dash harness from LS or better truck

BCM from a power truck

power lock latches (if you don't power locks already)

Easy fo sheezy to install, although you have to totally remove the dash.

Yep, I did the factory install and highly recommend it. Just took 2 afternoons on the weekend, one to swap the dash harness and another to do the doors. Only time I needed a helper was when I had my wife help me snake the dash harness underhood.

I did spend almost a year collecting all the necessary parts off Ebay, but it was worth it. It also made it easy to add other things like factory keyless entry, factory pwr/htd mirrors, and even a glovebox light.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 2003 base model silverado single cab that came with only power locks. I have the power window tracks, motors, switches door panels, door wiring harnesses and power mirrors from a 2003 Avalanche. I also purchased a drivers side door panel switches (for two windows instead of four). I know i will have to reprogram my BCM to make this work. I recently found out i will need a new dash wiring harness. If i purchase the harness should this work? I was told they redesigned the electronics of the switch in the 2003 but i have not been able to verify this.

Archived