:thumbs::tear: Question?

Would a set of 285/75/16 look awkward with a 6" lift?

The sales man @ B & C off-road recommended a set of 305/75/16, but I would like to stick with Bridgestone REVO.

Another thing is that I'm not planning any serious offloading, but I would like for the truck to sit a little higher. I'm also confused :crackup: with what brand of lift to use. I was thinking about ProCom just too maintain the factory width. Any suggestion guys or ladies would be appreciated.

thanks

Pete :crackup:

:thumbs:  :tear: Question?

The sales man @ B & C off-road recommended a set of 305/75/16, but I would like to stick with Bridgestone REVO.

Another thing is that I'm not planning any serious offloading, but I would like for the truck to sit a little higher. I'm also confused  :crackup: with what brand of lift to use. I was thinking about ProCom just too maintain the factory width. Any suggestion guys or ladies would be appreciated.

thanks

Pete  :crackup:

Just remember you have to replace your front driveshaft with the Pro Comp kit. The 285s will look just fine with a 6" lift kit. If it were me I would go RCD.:crackup:

You would only have to replace the driveshaft on a Pro Comp kit if you have autotrac.

I would think to run 285 revo's minor cranking of the tbars to level out the truck is all that is needed. And an alignment.

O my what a can of worms. First off whatever lift someone else bought is always the best. Some will recomend others some won't. Of the lifts you mentioned there are 2 types. A knucle lift and a full drop. The knuckle lift consists of a new lower sub frame (1,2 or many pieces depending on manufacturer) to reattach the lower control arms to. and a new spindle to span the now larger gap between the UCA and LCA. Most of these kits only lower the front diff 4-4.5". To keep the geometry correct the LCA's are mounted farther out and spacers are used between the cv axles and dif. This adds to the front track width. Not much but noticable if looking. On a side note this IMO is better for 4 wheelin because if your front tires are stuck why do you want the rears in the same track.

On a full drop the UCA's and LCA's are dropped the full 6" along with the front diff. Cv's have stock angles and can be cranked to 7-7.5" with acceptable angles.

Both usually require 4 1/2" backspaced wheels.

The RCD (best) rancho, trailmaster and skyjacker are knuckle lifts. PC makes a knucle lift that is 5" Fab tech is another.

Pro comp, Cognito(arguebly the best) and CST (tie for first) are full drop's

All that being said I bought the PC full drop. The ride is great. I recieved dual shock hoops and reservoir shocks for less than the RCD. The PC kit is 1/4 steel and well made(NBS) My 35's just fit with minimal trimming and the front cranked to 7ish inches.

You would only have to replace the driveshaft on a Pro Comp kit if you have autotrac.

I would think to run 285 revo's minor cranking of the tbars to level out the truck is all that is needed.  And an alignment.

:cheers:

Crank the t-bars and call it a day !!!

Personally, I think 285s would look silly with a lift, considering they fit fine w/out one....

Me ?? A 4~6" and some 35's :confused:

I just put 285-75-16's BFG's on my 03 HD... I'm glad I I went bigger (stock is 245), but without a lift, I think the tires look a bit big. I didn't want to go any bigger because I tow quite a bit, so I wish they made a nice little 2 inch lift for it. I may end up getting the Rancho 4 inch some time down the line.

Most trucks you see with the 6 inch lift run 305's... the 305s aren't taller (by the math) and are barely wider, so if you went with the 6 inch lift, the 285's would not look bad.

By the Math:

285/75-16 32.8/11.22-16

305/70-16 32.8/12.00-16

BFG's site shows actual sizes are a little bigger than the math says, but the two tires are close in size.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/...rrain_ta_kd.pdf

Let me add, I just met a fellow board member from here, he's running 305s on stock wheels and with no lift other than t-bars on his 1500HD.

Fits fine, looks AWESOME, and he said he has a very tiny amount of rub at full-cut, but not nearly enough to cause concern.

He did trim his lower valance a tiny bit, but if he hadn't pointed it out, I'd never have seen it....

My next set of tires are 285, minimum, probably 305's now that I know they fit :chevy:

Yea, my next set of tires is going to be 285/75/16 Geolander At's, should fit with nothing adjusted i'm hoping. Dude at discount tire said they should fit no problem, he says hes done it many of times. He's like "you can go to a 295 if you want." Which was encouraging really.

I wouldn't put a lift on for 285's unless you are going with an aftermarket rim. I still wouldnt go 6" or even4".. Just level the front Via torsion bars. Or you could buy my torsion bar keys and aal's and call it done. :thumbs:

• 1 year later...

it would look just fine my man.

confused.gifconfused.gif Question?

Another thing is that I'm not planning any serious offloading, but I would like for the truck to sit a little higher. I'm also confused confused.gif with what brand of lift to use. I was thinking about ProCom just too maintain the factory width. Any suggestion guys or ladies would be appreciated.

thanks

Pete seeya.gif

Archived