rear bench seat rattle

I have a 2000 Sierra ext. cab. When I go over bumps/pot holes the rear bench rattles. It does this in both open and closed positions. It's driving me nuts. Anyone else have this problem?

Btw, how do I resize the pic in my sig? It's too big.

I had a rattle in my back seat also on my '04. Took it to the dealer and this is what the ticket says......

"The Rear bench seat back frame is making flex metal sounds. R&R the frame to repair frame and insulate."

It fixed the problem and you can interpret that confusing description how you wish. Sorry, i don't remember better what exactly they did it was over a year ago..

I have the same rattle in my 99. If you look behind the back seat there are pins that are on both sides the back of the seat has a 'clip' that goes on this pin. I think that there was a piece of plastic or something on the pin so it does not make noise. This is tough to see but if you put your hand behind the seat you can feel it. I did by kneeling on the seat and shaking the back part. I am going out of town for a while but I plan on fixing that noise.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same rattle in my 99. If you look behind the back seat there are pins that are on both sides the back of the seat has a 'clip' that goes on this pin. I think that there was a piece of plastic or something on the pin so it does not make noise. This is tough to see but if you put your hand behind the seat you can feel it. I did by  kneeling on the seat and shaking the back part. I am going out of town for a while but I plan on fixing that noise.

Yeah you were right. I removed the bench last night, there were rubber inserts on the clips but the inserts were not on correctly. I fixed it and no more rattle!

Archived