Built 4L60e vs. 4L80e

Wassup yall my 4L60e thats currently running in my truck is getting ready to take a dump on me, I have a B&M Shift Kit, Vette Servo, and Yank 2600 stall in and its lasted about 10,000 miles about 3000 with stall and she is on her last leg. What do yall think I need to do get a built 4L60e and a precision 3200 stall for around $2800 the 4L60e is a Level 5 from Rock-On easily hold 700 rwhp (This Tranny has a great reputation). Or go ahead and drop around $4000 and put and change out everything and run a 4L80e and not half to worry about it no more. Only thing about the 4L80 its heavier, its going take more power to move it, and I'm going to half to re-tune my truck but it seems to be bullet proof after few lil modifications. I'm probably closing in on that 500 rwhp mark since the Meth Kit. I would appreciate yalls advice... Yep I'm a Newbie :D

Hey I appreciate yalls help....I believe I'm going to try a Rock-On level 5 4L60e, and throw a bigger stall on there like a Precision 3200. I drove the truck last night around town and man it was all I could do to get it to shift from 1st to 2nd. I thought my truck was about to leave me walkin a couple of times. Hey after I get it all finished I'm probably going to sell my YANK 2600 stall. So I'll keep yall posted up on what i end up doing :D

Hey I appreciate yalls help....I believe I'm going to try a Rock-On level 5 4L60e, and throw a bigger stall on there like a Precision 3200.  I drove the truck last night around town and man it was all I could do to get it to shift from 1st to 2nd.  I thought my truck was about to leave me walkin a couple of times.  Hey after I get it all finished I'm probably going to sell my YANK 2600 stall. So I'll keep yall posted up on what i end up doing :D

Sounds good i think you'll be happy with that.

Archived