What to buy????

I have a 99 Silverado Z71 with 127,000 miles on it, I recently got my income tax money back and was wondering what I should buy for around $200. I am considering a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, or maybe a screen. Any imput is appreciated. :banghead:

Throttle body spacers definitely are a waste of money. Spend your money elsewhere. A custom tune definitely would be the best bang for the buck.

I agree! I got a Jesse Bubb tune on my AV. LOVE IT! better mileage, more seat of the pants and best of all speed limit now at 222 mph! :happysad:

I picked up about 2 to 3 mpg and got allot of cool stuff. Lower fan kick on temp, firmer shifts, different shift points, more torque, and he can even give you instant gas mileage meter if you don,t have it now. and it can be tuned to your exact mods. It also learns what your driving style is and adapts for the best perfromace.

www.wait4me.com (I think) only around $159.00 shipped to you. New PCM and a tune.

I got a "Dual" tune. I have economy/perfromance on the regurlar set up. and on the tow/haul button I got another. I had him boost my towing settings. Works great.

David.

How about a savings account ?

you dont know his situation. he could have a million $ IRA

thanks for all the help, by the way, I already have a savings account and I put half of my return in to it , and half in to my truck. I am going to look in to the custom tune and probably get that and some flex-a-lite cooling fans. Thanx again for all the help

Put it aside for when the G80 goes out or the tranny goes out.

What is the G80,Sorry if that is a dumb question. I dont plan on the trans going out again, I just replaced the transmission and got a brand new rearend. Dont tell me I am hard on my truck, I already know I used to be stupid :cheers:

The G-80 is the Locking rear Differential, mine went out at 95,000 miles $1600 to replace :cheers: New one is not as good as the old 98 and older I had them put in the older style, should last forever. :D Oh, and my truck was very well taken care of.

Bradley, I do not have a custom tune but am sure they do what these guys say they will. However, I did add a TrueFlow cold air intake set up. The use the factoy air box but replace the intake tube and the filter.

I would encourage you to take a look at their website. I can tell you it is a very high quality piece that does exactly what they say it will. It has gotten me an even 1 mpg and I can def. feel a difference from 2,000 rpm on up

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for all of your help, I just put a new rearend on mine about 6 months ago, so I hope it doesn't go out for a little while. I appreciate all of the help, I wish I would have been a member about 2 years ago, you guys would have saved me lots of money.

Thanks for all of your help. :driving:

Archived