Need some input

I have an '01 and it is an excellent tow vehicle and daily driver. I get excellent mileage both towing and empty for the size/weight of the truck and I can guarantee that if you ever tow any type of load, you will love the grunt of the diesel. We pull an 11K+ fifth wheel and the truck tows it like a dream. The Duramax is very refined compared to light duty truck diesels from a few years ago. You also have the Allison tranny, which is really an even more impressive feature. It is a strong drivetrain and I couldn't be happier. I have had a steering column repair and new injectors installed, but both were on the general's dime.

I am looking at 01-02 Chevy 3/4 ton with the Dmax/Ally.  I was wondering what problems if any you have had? I would take any advice at all. Thanks

They had some injector issue thru 03 with 01 and 02 being the worst. THey extended the warranty on them to those that had problems and complained the most about it. Otherwise no real issues. If the engine has been chipped though I would stay away from it. Try to find a used one that has never been chipped and subjected the engine and tranny to extra strain in its life.

Archived