Blower Motor Issues

alkasmeltzer

Question

I have an 03 K3500 DMax. Earlier this summer, the blower motor quit blowing on (5) high speed only. the other four speeds work fine. This didn't bother me too much in the summer, but now it is cold and I need a little more heat in the cab.

Is the blower resistor bad or do I need a new switch? If the resiostor is the culprit, where is it located and is it a pain to replace? Is GM only the best option or aftermarket a good idea?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. My frozen feet thank you!!

0 answers to this question

there is not a seperate high circuit, no relay you need to check for a signal but it sure sounds like a blower control processor. It is under the right of the dash just behind the blower motor and shouldn't be that hard to replace.

you will also find the connector to the module will be melted ,there is a connector kit available but sit down when you hear the price,this is very common,we had to rig up switches for high speed only up north cause the modules where back ordered ,so gl ,cheers.

I have an 03 K3500 DMax. Earlier this summer, the blower motor quit blowing on (5) high speed only. the other four speeds work fine. This didn't bother me too much in the summer, but now it is cold and I need a little more heat in the cab.

Is the blower resistor bad or do I need a new switch? If the resiostor is the culprit, where is it located and is it a pain to replace? Is GM only the best option or aftermarket a good idea?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. My frozen feet thank you!!

I think on high, it bypasses your resister all together and works off a relay. i think. See if there is a relay avaible for it, maybe it is that.

Archived