Any info on installing newer dash in my 93 Silverado? It currently has that goofy two piece stereo and i want to upgrade. The only other option i have come up with so far is to install a new stereo in the center of the dash where the factory tape deck was. I personally think it would look out of place there. any help would be great.

A friend of mine who had a 94 Z71, had an aftermarket

stereo installed where the tape deck was.  I would think you could maybe(I can't remember the actual size of the radio)  put a 1.5 din Pioneer or even a 1 din HU where the radio was, and put a cubby hole peice where the tape deck was.

Then you wouldn't be reaching halfway across the cab to put in cd's, change the radio station, etc. :D

Good luck!

only place a standard head unit will fit is in the old tape part. the part where the radio goes isnt wide enough to fit a deck. unless you do some custom stuff to add some support and make it not look like crap anyways. if you have a lot of time and money you could swap in a dash from a 95 or something, but thats a lot of work and probably expensive. i've seen it done in a mid 80s pick up. kind of cool. older body style with a cooler dash setup.

having the head unit in the middle is weird at first, but you'll get used to it and it wont be too out of place.

Archived