Tow Mirrors Questions

Ok I searched and found a bunch of stuff but I'm still not 100% clear so no Yelling to use the search feature :lol:

I've got a 2008 Silverado that has stock power adjust only mirrors. No turn signals or heat.

1st question is do the tow mirrors power adjust?

2nd is will the turn signals work even if I don't have them on my current set up? I'm thinking they will from my search but not 100% sure.

Where is the best(read that cheapest) place to order them from?

And how hard is it to install? I've pulled door panels off crown vics to install speakers but never taken the panels off my truck.

I'm considering upgrading to the tow mirrors but just had a few questions before I jump into them. :lurk:

Ok I searched and found a bunch of stuff but I'm still not 100% clear so no Yelling to use the search feature :lol:

I've got a 2008 Silverado that has stock power adjust only mirrors. No turn signals or heat.

1st question is do the tow mirrors power adjust?yes

2nd is will the turn signals work even if I don't have them on my current set up? I'm thinking they will from my search but not 100% sure.yes

Where is the best(read that cheapest) place to order them from?read this post http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128101

And how hard is it to install? I've pulled door panels off crown vics to install speakers but never taken the panels off my truck.

I'm considering upgrading to the tow mirrors but just had a few questions before I jump into them. :lurk:

Thanks for the link.

I'm not 100% sure I want them yet. But thinking about it.

Can't decide if I want power adjust and turn signals or just power adjust.

The only option in factory mirrors are fully powered(power adjust, heated, and turn signal) or no power at all (completely manual). Unless you go to an aftermarket mirror. Just be careful of the no name brand mirrors, some may shake badly at higher speeds.

Even though you just have power adjust all power options will work with no programming.

As for where to buy keep an eye out on forums, and ebay take off sets can be had for $200-$250 if you find a good deal. Otherwise they are about $325+ for a set of powered

The only option in factory mirrors are fully powered(power adjust, heated, and turn signal) or no power at all (completely manual). Unless you go to an aftermarket mirror. Just be careful of the no name brand mirrors, some may shake badly at higher speeds.

Even though you just have power adjust all power options will work with no programming.

As for where to buy keep an eye out on forums, and ebay take off sets can be had for $200-$250 if you find a good deal. Otherwise they are about $325+ for a set of powered

my $188 are great, they don't shake at 5mph or 85mph . i would not spend 40k on a truck then put on pos mirrors, i have to smile at the money in my pocket!

good luck with what ever you choose!

~sea

Archived