In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

New Member From Toronto, Ontario.

Reredrum

hey boys, i dont know if im posting in the proper thread...but here goes...

Names Ish, im from Toronto, On...i own a small mobile welding business(subcontractor), when i say small i mean by myself...i mostly do structural erecting and welding, once in a while i drive my 09 Sierra 2500HD LY6 with a 1500lb unit down a 150 foot deep pit in the middle of downtown to weld some piles and shoring...hey! pays the bills!...anyways, been a big fan of GMs since day one...ive owned several fbodies, from a stock 86 Z28 to a fully built 10 sec 91 Firebird(which i currently play around with)...a couple of vettes, im planning on picking up a CTSV as a daily driver/tarmac abuser...All hail GM and SBCs...love my truck, its an extended cab short box...ive had it for 3 months now, already put 10,000kms on her, and has been hood deep in mud due to work...2 months ago, i mounted a set of 265/75/16(id say close to 31.5" tall tires) goodyear territories on the truck, and its served me perfectly so far, and just a week ago, i installed a 3 inch leveling torsion keys(with the shock extensions) plus 2 inch blocks for the rears...the wheel wells are at 42.5 inches front and 44.5 inches rear...pretty tall for a work truck...once i figure out how to post photos ill throw some up here for you...i also haul the race car around with it...and once i get that sorted ill put together a little sig with a list of all the GMs ive owned in the past few years...as i said, i love GMs and all ive owned is GM, from the start, and i plan to keep it that way, unless another domestic comes up with a badass coupe with a nicely put together pushrod V8...

Anyways, thanks for having me

-Ish

is there a way i can upload pictures larger than 300K? ive got tons! anyways, the top two pictures were taken today, after i got the alignment done...and cranked the keys all the way up...looks badass...and the lowest point of the hood is easily 6 to 8 inches taller than your run of the mill hatchback or sedan...which is to me, Badass...until a newer 1500 with a nice 6 inch lift with 35s pulled up next to me...damn party pooper...anyways looking forward for your replies...tell me if the hot rodder has lifted a truck properly!

Archived