Bose 6 CD to Nav unit: LML

I bought my truck with the 6 CD changer 7 speaker (non-denali) bose system. I want to start putting together a nav. swap and was wondering if the forum could give me some guidance to do this.

I have a 2011 Sierra 2500hd SLE with middle console, bose 7 speaker system.

I've read that to save some trouble I should be a new unit so that I don't have to get it reprogrammed. Is this true?

Since I have the Bose system, is this going to be plug and play? Other than the routing of the nav antenna. By plug and play, I mean remove my head unit and the plugs from this unit should plug into the new unit without hassle. Or is there going to be wiring that has to be done?

The dealership quoted $2500 for the entire kit installed is $3k. I'm okay with purchasing the unit new but what else is in the "kit"? Has anyone done this yet? Can someone provide me with some part numbers? My main concern is not getting the correct items to do this swap.

Thanks for the help.

GH07260.gif[ 1 ] ELECTRICAL / ELECTRICAL / NAVIGATION SYSTEM COMPONENTS / Display unit display unit

PARTS: Part of radio. MSRP Online Price $0.00 N/A [ 2 ] ELECTRICAL / ELECTRICAL / NAVIGATION SYSTEM COMPONENTS / Compact disc compact disc

MSRP Online Price $0.00 N/A [ 3 ] ELECTRICAL / ELECTRICAL / NAVIGATION SYSTEM COMPONENTS / Antenna assy antenna assy

MSRP Online Price $89.28 $46.43

This is what I'm getting from the catalog....no part numbers. Not sure, per forum rules, if I'm allowed to post the picture so I'll remove if needed.

Thanks again.

I would look to the aftermarket before going with the factory setup. Not sure what all you are looking for in a radio, but I have ordered an new 2012 2500HD with the bare bones factory radio knowing that I am going to switch it out not long after it is delivered. I have been looking on line and talking to techs in aftermarket shops and have found many units and wiring harnesses that can be used and still keep all of the factory features that are run thru the factory unit.

I would do some checking around the area with different shops and you should be able to find a better radio with navigation for a lot less money.

Good luck with you new system

Jeff Keithley

I've been looking at the factory because I was told I loose my oem Bluetooth capabilities and could possibly loose OnStar. I have a friend that has an aftermarket Bluetooth and don't want a mic starring at me or visible.

I found one on Craigslist that has a part number of 25846421. Will this work for my truck? It comes up with several applications for this part number in gmpartsdirect. Also, do these units have xm capabilities? I found another on Craigslist but it says it doesnt do xm.

Thanks again,

do not loose factory bluetooth can use either or (just depends which one you connect to) and after using the ogm-1 bluetooth u'll ditch the factory one. You will never know the mic is there plus it has a mic gain so if they have problems hearing you you can turn it up (which i've never had to do). Watch Walts install video on adcmobile you'll see what I mean with the mic.

Onstar still works only thing u loose is turn by turn on the radio screen but u still get the voice guidence.

The advent ogm-1 flat blows the factory nav system away and you don't loose anything factory on the pickup. If you want plug and play this is it.

Archived