Black Running Boards

I have a crew cab Silverado and am looking more for the old school running boards, see all kinds of Nerf type of bars running around, seen a few of the old school stainless steel type of boards on the new trucks but not the black plastic types.

I would not mind a black nerf bar but living in salt/snow 6 months of the year most of those I have seen look like rusty crap.

So to the question at hand, I'm looking at set of Ionic black plastic running boards,

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/factory-style-running-boards.aspx

Has anyone seen these or better yet have a pair? Are they made to last more than a week and function ok?

I don't mind spending a few more bucks for a better pair if its worth it, not to many options that I could find for this type of board, lets just say its about 15:1 of nerf bars/running boards.

Thanks everyone

Jay

I prefer to use Westin Automotive brand boards when we sell them. their brackets are typically 1000 times better than the "generic" brands. also look into the DEEZEE nx series boards. look pretty nice. manager has had a set for 80 thousand miles with zero issues to date

Thanks for the reply, I had a set of Westin's on my last truck, they are decent. Only issue I did not care for was they were black then silver with every scratch. If going to Aluminum I would look at them again.

The Deezee nx boards look good, Have to find a a good pic of one on a truck.

Jay

Archived