in need of climate control help

How ya'll doing

Im new here i drive a 2006 GMC 2500HD. Im having some problems with my climate control. When i turn on my AC my passenger side vents blow out cold air, but then my driver side vents blow out extreme heat. I have looked up the BLEND DOOR ACTUATER to see if that could possibly be the problem and how big of a pain that is to fix, so if anybody has any information that would be awesome. THANKS

This happened to me a few years ago when I pulled my truck battery out for winter storage. When I put the battery back in come spring I experinced what you just described. There are several old posts on here a few years back that talks about this in more detail. What I did is disconect the battery again and let the truck sit for 15 min. (this reboots the computer so to speak) While I did something else. I placed the drivers heat switch to high heat, then placed the the passenger switch to full cold. Then hooked up the battery and turned on the ignition switch to run. After 30 sec maybe.... I then started the truck up and presto the blend doors worked as they should.

Archived