Need wheel and tire experts to help

I am interested in putting MT Classic wheels on my '03 16X8's with 285 BFG's.  The new ones that are coming out are the simulated bead locks and have a 4" backspacing and are designed for late model GM trucks.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/wheels.html

Pat, pjcav from this forum, was nice enough to send me pics of his truck with the classic II's.  His wheels have a 3 5/8" backspacing and is running 265's.  His truck looks awesome.

My question is am I going to run into problems with rubbing and clearance issues.  I spoke with a MT rep who said that I would have to lift the truck 3".  But I got to say that he didn'y seem to confident in his answer.  Now I see alot of people on this forum running 285's on stock rims with no problems.  I do not see why a 285 would not work with these new wheels.  Is backspacing an issue?  Thanks

Hey can you forward me that picture of his truck with the classic II's?  That's what Im looking to add to my truck, I actually did some photoshop work and put them on my truck, but it you've got a pic of the real deal that would be cool.  

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Archived