V6 vortec 4.3 has a hard time starting on humid rainy days

Brandon87

Question

I have noticed that about every humid rainy day my truck has a very hard time starting. When the key is turned into the on position I can hear the fuel pump turn on. The truck will crank and try to fire up. I noticed that if I gas it while trying to start it, it will start up as long as I keep reving it up and then after it runs for a minute everything seems fine and it will stay idling with no problems at all. Whats going on guys? I have some ideas but need your opinions before i go blowing money.

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ordered a new cap and rotor set on ebay, I heard bad things about after market stuff but I just figure its worth a shot especially since it has a 1 year warranty. After I put this cap on, is there anything I can do to prevent future corrosion?

Does your engine have a throttle body that sprays fuel every time the key is turned on? That would imitate a choke if you turned the key on an off a few times before starting the engine.

I'm not sure but its just a v6 4.3 vortec.. the engine is new to me and I am just getting to know it

Archived