ignition timing.. where is the spout connector

Under the hood on my K1500.. it says unplug the DI bypass connector to check the timing.. and that it should be 0 degrees BTC.

I couldn't find this plug anywhere.. and the retards at AutoZone didn't have a clue where it was.

Could anyone tell me where to look for this thing so I can make sure that my timing is set right??

Thanks.. oh and it's a TBI 350..

p.s. where is the ignition module.. is it that black box near the dist. but mounted seperatly with the four wire plug??

The wire that you need to disconnect for timing is located behind the plastic shroud on the firewall. It is just to the left (on the passenger side) of the engine.

There are three plastic nuts that hold in onto the firewall. Unplug this and hook up the light!

The ignition module is located under the distributor cap, it has two plugs going into it, one goes to the coil, and the other goes into the egine wireing harness.

-John

well i bought a haynes book this morning after i posted and it turns out that only for the 95 models.. they had the connector under the glove box.

I have a 94, but it was a 94 manufactured in Sept. of 94.. so apparently its like a 95.

The haynes manual told me that just the 95's have the connector under the glove box.. all others have the connector where you said, or near the distributor.

I guess that explains why I couldn't find it under the hood.. cuz it wasn't.

The timing checked out to be about between 0 and 1 degree.

Thanks.. If I could just figure out this hesitation problem when it is cold and at low rpm.

Archived