Has anyone installed the aFe Twisted Metal Y-pipe with OEM headers ?

https://afepower.com/afe-power-48-44004-twisted-steel-y-pipe-3-to-3-1-2-stainless-steel-exhaust-system-street-series

Curious to know how the fitment was?  I planned on installing them along with a Corsa 3.5" exhaust on my 6.2L, but the only review I read was back in 2016 and it didn't sound promising

"Seeing as this is a new product having just come out for a new truck, there is no other reviews for this y pipe which i took a regretful risk on. Pros: The quality of the stainless pipe is excellent and the high flow cats really open up an aftermarket exhaust, making for awesome sound and volume out the tail pipes with a flowmaster 40. Cons: its very expensive, but the most troubling 2 parts are the fact that the left cat sits barely 1/8 inch away from the front drive shaft which was an oversight on the manufacturers part. due to the high flow stainless pipe diameter and such, the exhaust pulses and valves resonate all sorts of annoying tinny chatter (almost like an exhaust leak) sound when under slight load but cruising. the left ball flange does not sit perfect either on the manifold. hind sight is always 20/20 but had i known it would turn out like this i would've simply put in a straight thru muffler for a similar effect for more overall volume."

Any additional input would be much appreciated!!!

Archived