2017 Suburban Liftgate Issues

So, I just brought home a 2017 Suburban. The liftgate won't open all the way, it maybe opens 4" and stops. I can manually open all the way with some resistance, but get NO popping. I saw all the posts and info on the 2015 having an issue with the spoiler but I see no shims or contact issues. Do you think it's just the actuator? I wanted to narrow it down before I order a part. Are there instructions out there on replacing the actuator? All the videos and tutorials I saw were for the previous gen.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I have had the same issue with a recently purchased 2016 Yukon Denali.  I was unloading items and upon closing the gate i think I bumped it or something like that....can't remember exactly.  Then, I couldn't open the gate.  Regardless of whether I used the key fob OR the interior button, the gate unlocks and raises about 6" then stops.  If I push either the key fob or the interior button, the gate closes.  Also, when the gate lifts the 6 inches, the button on the lift gate does nothing.  Can someone PLEASE comment on this issue.  Thank you.

Dealer replaced the actuator and some sensors. It works most of the time now. Still have intermittent issues with fob activation. The foot sensor connector was broken off but I didn't feel like paying for that.