2019 Suburban instrument panel not working

I have a 2019 Suburban with less than 50k miles that I've owned for 2 weeks...started it up one day, instrument panel not working.  AC blows, bluetooth works, radio works, no gauges working 

Currently at the dealer and they cant figure out what's wrong with it.  Has a warranty. 

Not the computer, not the installed Kahu crap...nothing on the diagnostic tests

Any one had this issue?  Suggestions?

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/1/2020 at 12:20 PM, Squishyface said:

I have a 2019 Suburban with less than 50k miles that I've owned for 2 weeks...started it up one day, instrument panel not working.  AC blows, bluetooth works, radio works, no gauges working 

Currently at the dealer and they cant figure out what's wrong with it.  Has a warranty. 

Did your dealer get it fixed?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, ecarr said:

2019 suburban instrument panel not working.  No gauges working.  Happened on a weekend and I needed the vehicle the next day.  Disconnected battery for 5 minutes and problem has temporarily gone away. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, Squishyface said:

I am having the same issue, going to the dealer on Monday.  Did you figure this out?

On 5/23/2021 at 6:47 AM, Nohesitation said:
On 1/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, ecarr said:

2019 suburban instrument panel not working.  No gauges working.  Happened on a weekend and I needed the vehicle the next day.  Disconnected battery for 5 minutes and problem has temporarily gone away. 

I just did this as well, it worked, gauges are all working again, everything fine.  Guess I need to make sure I have a 10 mm wrench and a screwdriver to help get the positive connection off.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here’s a service bulletin for this issue. The serial data gateway module typically needs to be reset (unplug the fuse or possibly unplug the battery) or reprogramming. Below is also a helpful link. 

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=13847

My suburban, however, required a new instrument cluster and serial data gateway module. Both were fried. 

MC-10183210-9999.pdf

• Sad 1

• 9 months later...

Had the same issue (6/14/22) - removed left dash fuse panel. Disconnected all 3 connections to fuse panel - waited 1 minute then reconnected (be careful with the tabs to disconnect) - started it up and all is back to normal.  I think it had to do with a bad iPhone connector in the auxiliary port that it required a reset.  Will only use Apple connectors from now on (just my guess).  Good luck.

Edited by B Mac

• 4 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 3:12 PM, B Mac said:

Had the same issue (6/14/22) - removed left dash fuse panel. Disconnected all 3 connections to fuse panel - waited 1 minute then reconnected (be careful with the tabs to disconnect) - started it up and all is back to normal.  I think it had to do with a bad iPhone connector in the auxiliary port that it required a reset.  Will only use Apple connectors from now on (just my guess).  Good luck.

I had the same issue (11/9/2022) - started the car and the dash went limp. This link was extremely helpful (as noted above) and provide the details I needed to diagnose the issue. The problem with the reference material was that the diagrams/documentation for the fuse box didn't match my car.  

To fix it, I pulled off the driver side fuse panel. Pinched the white locking mechanisms (highlighted) on each side of the black power block. Once the locking mechanisms were pinched, I was able to pull the white tab which disengaged the power block. I left the power block off for 2 minutes then re-engaged via the white tab. 

fusebox.jpeg

Edited by crowemi
added photo