Engine won’t shut off

Hey all, new to the forum thing so thanks for the add. I have a 2015 Silverado 3500HD with a Duramax. I went to drive it yesterday and the battery was completely dead. It has an edge programmer and sometimes if you open the door for something and the interior wakes up the edge monitor will stay on. So with that I wasn’t too concerned as it has happened before with no issues. I jumped it and let it run for a while and when I went to shut it off the engine wouldn’t shut off. Turn the key off, take it out and open the door and everything shuts down but engine keeps running. I unhooked the batteries and it still was running. The only way to shut it down was to pull the ECM relay. I did program it back to stock hoping a flash of the computer would trigger something but no change. I did notice when it stays running that the engine and the blower in the cab are all that are on, just like when you remote start it. Not sure if they are related but I thought that was interesting.