LIFT KIT CHANGE

Hey all,

So I believe I've done my due dilligence in research but can't seem to find a black and white answer anywhere, so I'm turning to here. The question I have is: I currently have a 2015 Silverado 1500 4X4 with a 3.5 in rough country lift with their forged upper control arms. It was installed from the previous owner and how I purchased the truck. I'm looking to upgrade the lift anywhere to a 5-7 in lift. Upon looking on RC's website it says the UCA's are only good up to 3.5 inches of lift. Do I need to buy stock UCA's or find some sort of alternative if I plan to lift 5-7"

Thanks.

Does NOT fit models with 5 - 7.5-inches of suspension lift.

Does NOT fit stock height models.

My guess would be that the full lift kits that are 5 inches+up keep the stock control arm geometry because they use taller knuckles.  That would explain why their arms aren't recommended for stock trucks or full lift trucks.  

You'll need a set of OEM factory arms or aftermarket factory arms.  The Rough Country arms are meant to correct UCA angles for doing a strut spacer for level or lift.  A full lift kit will almost always involve a diff drop and taller knuckles to keep the OE geometry on the CVs and control arms for optimal life. 

Also, you will need to find out if your truck was factory aluminum or steel upper arms as the ball joint stud is larger on the aluminum arms as is the pilot hole in the knuckle.  Easiest way will be to see what the lower arm is made of.  If its steel, you had forged uppers.  If its aluminum, you had aluminum uppers.     

Edited by newdude