Crippled Rear entertainment on new 2022 models

I received my 2022 Yukon SLT with rear entertainment package this week.

The trucks interface completely changed to Google, and with that they removed critical features from the rear entertainment. They removed option for USB drive playback and miracast. I would like to know if they plan on bringing back these features in future android updates, right now it's running Android 10 June 2021 build date. There is an option to update software but this is the latest build.

I am using a USB drive attached to usb-c slot in the rear under the rear climate. It's the same USB drive that is working from my old 2017 Yukon, and I tested the drive on my galaxy s21 and it reads the files and plays videos fine, I need to know if there is a way to enable USB video playback, because using hdmi was not my plan for the rear. I wanted to be able to control the content with the front screen. And I'm very upset they crippled this option on the 2022 model year just to gain Google assistant interface.

20211209_200754.thumb.jpg.b56daae0b0fcf2b383a803adf8cc359c.jpg

Edited by Eddie L

I called GMC customer service and they logged a case number for this issue with no local USB playback, i recommend everyone calling into customer care and logging a ticket as well.

Chevrolet customer service 800-222-1020
GMC Customer service 800-462-8782
Cadillac Customer service 800-333-4223

I also spoke to my sales rep, and expressed my dissatisfaction with this missing critical feature.
My sales rep said they will bring this issue up to the head of Regional Sales of North East, and let me know what they say.

Please also sign and share online petition to bring back USB Local Playback
Change.org