Auto Start Stop Warning whenleaving the car?

Hi,

is there a way to get a warning chime that the engine is still on when opening the driver's door? When I park the car oftentimes the engine goes into auto start stop shutoff and I'll put the car into park and get out. Today was probably the 10th time I've come back to the car after popping into the bank or the corner store and the engine was still running and the doors unlocked. On my previous Mercedes the engine would shut off if you unbuckled the driver's belt while it was in auto-start stop only. Is there a way to get that in the Tahoe or any other way to avoid not actually shutting the car off when parking?

Edited by fatkat

The horn honks when you do that, leave vehicle with fob and motor running, at least mine does.  If you have the fob and the motor is running and you walk away, no one can move the vehicle, its disabled w/o the fob in the vehicle.   NEVER leave fob in the vehicle, always on your person.  Note-If you don't close the door completely, horn will not honk.

If left running, it will turn off by itself after a period time (15-20 min?).

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

Mine only honks when you shut the door with the fob in it, even when the engine is off. Doesn't honk when the key is in my pocket and I exit the car.

Edit: Found the setting to get it to honk when I leave the car with the key while the ignition is on. Also super annoying. I want the engine to shut off when I leave the car. Chevy should make a setting for that.

Edited by fatkat