2022 Silverado HD key fob locked inside

Is there a way to prevent the truck from being able to be locked if key fob is still inside. A little back story. We arrived at camp ground last night and I parked truck and trailer on road in front of our site. So I could check site out before backing in.  Kids jump out and so do the wife and I. I close my door and as my wife jumps out and closes her door she says I think I just hit the lock button.  And sure enough she did. So truck is running with ac going thank goodness because our dog was still inside and it was 90* out.  

Is there any way to prevent the doors from being able to lock while key fob is still inside and truck is running?  

Based on what is in the owner's manual: When the truck is running, it looks like the lockout feature only works if the lock button is pressed on the driver door.  If the truck was off it will unlock the door if a key fob is detected.

image.png.41d7fe1c3b0d5cdbc918128652067c4d.pngimage.png.1e91514bea4cff7cfef2885fb200dcd1.png

I had the same thing happen to me when showing my brother my new truck. He hopped in the passenger seat, checked it out and hopped out, shut the door. Keys locked on top of the center console... Only thing we can figure is he accidentally hit the lock button when hopping out of the truck.

I tried hitting the small silver button on the driver's door and would not unlock even though it worked before and after this event.

Long story short, I called OnStar (free trial expired) and they offered a "one time courtesy unlock" for me.