Extened Warranty for Z71

I talked to my dealer today about an extended warranty, my truck has 34k and it's about to expire. They have a 5yr/75K for $1,480.00. This includes a $100.00 deducible for any repairs. Or $1,845.00 for $0 deducible. The nice thing is I can put 10% down and pay 0% interest for 12 months. what do you guys think, worth it?

P.S the repairs can be made at any GM dealership plus any Pep Boys or K-Mart (not that I would ever take it there, unless it was an emergency)

Smitty:

Put your money in the bank.  Buy yourself a new set of tires .. or whatever.  If you have not had a major malfunction by now...what makes you think you will have a covered event in the next 40K miles?

Heck....you're just getting to the "goody" in your truck.

Only thing that I think could possibly happen that would beat the $1500 you're paying is a total A/C system failure.

Think about it!  Your motor is not likely to let go before 75K.  Neither is your tranny or transfer case.

If I was a gamblin man......

CapnDean

When my dad bought his used mini van he paid for the extended warranty.  About a year after wards he started to have some problems with the power window motors and tranny.  He sure was happy he had the warranty.  I went ahead and bought the extended warranty for my Z-71, 10/100, but I plan on keeping it until the wheels fall of it.     :thumbs:

Quote from CapnDean, posted on Nov. 14 2001,12:57

Smitty:

Put your money in the bank.  Buy yourself a new set of tires .. or whatever.  If you have not had a major malfunction by now...what makes you think you will have a covered event in the next 40K miles?

Heck....you're just getting to the "goody" in your truck.

Only thing that I think could possibly happen that would beat the $1500 you're paying is a total A/C system failure.

Think about it!  Your motor is not likely to let go before 75K.  Neither is your tranny or transfer case.

If I was a gamblin man......

CapnDean

Good point, I guess if anything major was going to go bad, it already would have. I have a friend that has 75K on his 1999, he says it never ran as good as it does now. Some people say they get better with age, after all the little bugs are worked out.

If I did start having a lot of major problems I will sell the truck. OH YEA, I just brought a new set of tires 2 weeks ago,  do need some nerf bars though.

If any of your Canadian truckers are looking for GMPP extended warranty at a good price I can hook you up. God, I sound like a local drug dealer with that line. A good friend of mine owns a Canadian GM dealership and they will make sure that you walk away with a smile.

Archived