dark carmine red

Are the factory fender flares color matched or flat black on the dark carmine red trucks??  

I may have found a truck this morning (1500HD "LT")at a dealer about 45 miles from here.  It's carmine red and the 1500HD's are standard with flares and I was wondering if anyone has seen a truck this color with flares?  I know some colors are color-matched and some have flat black flares...

OK guys, I'm looking at a 2001 catalog on the inside of the flip-out rear cover where it has the seat and wheel choices.

The standard/base Silverado is only available in 7 colors, but I don't think flares are available.

LS's & LT's are available in 10 colors.  Only the following four have color-keyed body-side moldings:

Sunset Gold Metallic, Medium Charcoal Gray Metallic, Forest Green Metallic & Light Pewter Metallic

All the others, including the Dark Carmine Red, have dark argent side moldings.  

I'm fairly certain that the flares follow the same color availability.

Really sucks because I was hoping to buy a Indigo Blue 1500HD with matched flares -- guess I'll be making a trip to the body shop and picking up a can of paint to do it myself.

These guys are pretty much right on target.  The colors that come with color matching flares are white (since mid model year), Charcoal gray, Forest green, Sunset gold, Pewter.

That leaves Victory red, Carmine red, Onxy black, Indigo blue, and Sunset orange with the flat black flares.

I'm going to drive up and take a look at this truck tomorrow.  I hope they still have it because GMbuypower isn't always up to date...  Sticker on this truck is .00

That's alot of money but if it is what I'm looking for (the 2500HD LS was the same price), then it may be worth pulling some of my moldy money out of savings and buy this thing!!!  It sounds great!!!  All "LT" options plus trailer pkg, auto climate control, limited slip, skid plates, and off road tires...

Archived